Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used a Hammerhead jigsaw?

I saw these in Screwfix last week:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/73226

10.8v mini jigsaw and cordless hammer.

I tried the hammer in the shop, and it seems remarkably good, I do
wonder though how long the battery will last, especially when used on
the jigsaw - only one battery supplied.
Becuase of its size, the jigsaw looks to be a good bit of kit, if it
works
It says it is reduced to £50 from £150, that seems a big drop, and a bit
overpriced imo at £150.

Any thoughts?

Ta
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 27, 11:38*am, (A.Lee) wrote:
I saw these in Screwfix last week:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/73226

10.8v mini jigsaw and cordless hammer.

I tried the hammer in the shop, and it seems remarkably good, I do
wonder though how long the battery will last, especially when used on
the jigsaw - only one battery supplied.
Becuase of its size, the jigsaw looks to be a good bit of kit, if it
works
It says it is reduced to £50 from £150, that seems a big drop, and a bit
overpriced imo at £150.

Any thoughts?

Saw those in SF the other day. How does the hammer work?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

On Dec 27, 11:38 am, (A.Lee) wrote:
I saw these in Screwfix last week:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/73226

Saw those in SF the other day. How does the hammer work?

Just as in the photo, held it against the nail, and it hammers in!
Must be a shaft on an eccentric turing in the head.
It would be fine for wood, I'm not so sure it would work on cable clips
into breeze blocks, though it is so compact,it could be very useful in
tight corners, it may be worth a £50 gamble to see if it was any good.
In fact I'm putting in an order to SF today, so may order one.

Alan.

JB - Hammerhead Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 1 April 21st 10 08:07 AM
What Jigsaw? andy UK diy 14 September 1st 06 11:03 AM
Jigsaw Blades: Einhell EPST 710W Jigsaw Cw Laser 44.720.42 AMO UK diy 4 July 8th 06 05:23 PM
need a jigsaw? Morris Woodworking 1 November 10th 04 07:50 PM