Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cordless drill battery

I was given an NP213 21.6v cordless, used condition, about 2 years ago. The
drill itself is in great condition, but the battery has developed a short
memory. The difficulty is getting hold of a 21.6v battery. I emailed Enigma
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v3co4r and asked if their reconditioned 18v or
24v batteries, would fit mine and also the address of the
manufacturer/importer. They couldn't help with either query. It seems that
the 21.6v is an enigma (!).
Anyone had any experience with this model?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
I was given an NP213 21.6v cordless, used condition, about 2 years ago.
The drill itself is in great condition, but the battery has developed a
short memory. The difficulty is getting hold of a 21.6v battery. I emailed
Enigma
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v3co4r and asked if their reconditioned 18v or
24v batteries, would fit mine and also the address of the
manufacturer/importer. They couldn't help with either query. It seems that
the 21.6v is an enigma (!).
Anyone had any experience with this model?

These packs are generally made from standard cells. Its sounds as if this
pack has 18 cells.

Have you considered taking it apart and re-celling it yourself?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 20/12/2010, Bertie Doe supposed :
I was given an NP213 21.6v cordless, used condition, about 2 years ago. The
drill itself is in great condition, but the battery has developed a short
memory. The difficulty is getting hold of a 21.6v battery. I emailed Enigma
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v3co4r and asked if their reconditioned 18v or
24v batteries, would fit mine and also the address of the
manufacturer/importer. They couldn't help with either query. It seems that
the 21.6v is an enigma (!).
Anyone had any experience with this model?

If you are stuck, could you not open the unit up and re cell it? The
problem might also be due to the cells growing internal whiskers, which
short them out. You can recover these to some extent, by charging up a
large capacitor and discharging it across an internally shorted cell.
The idea is it blows the whisker away, like blowing a fuse.

You can get new cells from companies such as Strikalight.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Have you considered taking it apart and re-celling it yourself?

Likely to cost more than buying a complete new drill.

But dunno what an 'NP213' is anyway.

--
*No one ever says It's only a game when their team is winning.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 6:07 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:

Have you considered taking it apart and re-celling it yourself?

Likely to cost more than buying a complete new drill.

But dunno what an 'NP213' is anyway.

Nu Power ? variable quality IME.

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

On Dec 20, 6:07 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:

Have you considered taking it apart and re-celling it yourself?

Likely to cost more than buying a complete new drill.

But dunno what an 'NP213' is anyway.

Nu Power ? variable quality IME.

Jim K

It's Nutool, but I was trying to avoid the word, with our 14yr old Colonel,
slobbering over these posts :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bertie Doe wrote:

It's Nutool, but I was trying to avoid the word, with our 14yr old
Colonel, slobbering over these posts :-)

Is he still here, surely he's in everyone's KF by now?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

This could be the way Enigma (above) recon them. I'd rather pay a tenner for
a recon, rather than take one apart. The problem is, Enigma don't know if
the 24v or their 18v will fit mine. I suspect my 21.6v model, wasn't meant
for the UK market, as there's no mention of it on Google. I'll have a look
at Strikalight - thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:38:15 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Bertie Doe wrote:

It's Nutool, but I was trying to avoid the word, with our 14yr old
Colonel, slobbering over these posts :-)

Is he still here, surely he's in everyone's KF by now?

Prolly been taken back to the asylum.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes my father-in-law has the same problem, Can't even find the manufacturer. ....Who makes them,..? Help please

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 May 2015 09:43:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Yes my father-in-law has the same problem, Can't even find the

manufacturer. ....Who makes them,..? Help please

Ahem! What was the question?
--
Jim S

Cordless Drill Battery GB UK diy 35 October 18th 09 12:48 PM
Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands Manster Home Repair 27 October 29th 07 04:55 AM
Battery memory on NiCad cordless drill Dan_Musicant Woodworking 33 August 11th 06 02:33 PM
Cordless Drill Battery Bill Becker Home Repair 15 March 19th 05 08:05 PM
cordless drill battery charging [email protected] Woodworking 11 December 24th 04 01:05 PM