Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Cordless drill battery

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...

on 20/12/2010, Bertie Doe supposed :
I was given an NP213 21.6v cordless, used condition, about 2 years ago.
The drill itself is in great condition, but the battery has developed a
short memory. The difficulty is getting hold of a 21.6v battery. I emailed
Enigma
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2v3co4r and asked if their reconditioned 18v or
24v batteries, would fit mine and also the address of the
manufacturer/importer. They couldn't help with either query. It seems
that the 21.6v is an enigma (!).
Anyone had any experience with this model?

If you are stuck, could you not open the unit up and re cell it? The
problem might also be due to the cells growing internal whiskers, which
short them out. You can recover these to some extent, by charging up a
large capacitor and discharging it across an internally shorted cell. The
idea is it blows the whisker away, like blowing a fuse.

You can get new cells from companies such as Strikalight.

This could be the way Enigma (above) recon them. I'd rather pay a tenner for
a recon, rather than take one apart. The problem is, Enigma don't know if
the 24v or their 18v will fit mine. I suspect my 21.6v model, wasn't meant
for the UK market, as there's no mention of it on Google. I'll have a look
at Strikalight - thanks.