Paul the D

Default TV points in two rooms

I have a TV aerial which is feeding one TV, with a very good picture,
in one room. I want to use the same aerial to supply an extra tv/tv
point.

What does the NG recommend with regards to mains powered/indoors
amplifiers/splitters.

How is the best way to run the cable?

Many thanks

Paul the D
'You're a big man, but you're out of shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.'
BigWallop

"Paul the D" wrote in message
news
I have a TV aerial which is feeding one TV, with a very good picture,
in one room. I want to use the same aerial to supply an extra tv/tv
point.

What does the NG recommend with regards to mains powered/indoors
amplifiers/splitters.

How is the best way to run the cable?

Many thanks

Paul the D
'You're a big man, but you're out of shape. With me it's a full time job.

Now behave yourself.'

If you're getting a good signal in your area, then a proper splitter would
probably do the job well. The DIY shops do two gang Rf sockets which you
can use to take your existing antenna coaxial cable into, then use two fly
leads of normal TV gauge coaxial cable from it to the two tele' sets. Fit
it on the wall with a surface mounted box and off you go.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Roger Mills

"Paul the D" wrote in message
news
I have a TV aerial which is feeding one TV, with a very good picture,
in one room. I want to use the same aerial to supply an extra tv/tv
point.

What does the NG recommend with regards to mains powered/indoors
amplifiers/splitters.

How is the best way to run the cable?

Many thanks

Paul the D

If you've got a really strong signal, you can simply use a splitter to feed
the signal to 2 sets without additional amplification.

If this doesn't work satisfactorily, you need an amplifier with one (or two)
inputs and at least two outputs. Wickes had used to sell some good ones -
made (I think) by Labgear.

If you have a VCR with the first set, and wish to have the option of playing
this back through either set, connect the downlead from the aerial to the
VCR input. Connect the VCR output to the amplifier input. Connect one
amplifier output to the first set, and another to the second set.

If your amplifier has multiple outputs (mine has 6) you can cable it up to
various points (bedrooms etc.) where you *might* want to operate a TV at
some future time.

If your amplifier has two inputs, the second one is for VHF (FM) radio. If
you connect an FM aerial to this, you can also distribute FM radio
throughout the house. You can connect either a TV or a radio to each
amplifier output - or both with a suitable splitter.

HTH,
Roger

John Rumm

Paul the D wrote:
I have a TV aerial which is feeding one TV, with a very good picture,
in one room. I want to use the same aerial to supply an extra tv/tv
point.

What does the NG recommend with regards to mains powered/indoors
amplifiers/splitters.

Start off with a really good low loss splitter. Something like Labgear
range that CPC do would be fine:-

http://makeashorterlink.com/?M21115466

You will need a pack of twist on F Connectors to stick on the co-ax for
these splitters:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?U26152466

Only if that does not give a good enough picture then add an amplifier
before the splitter.

Remember to use a CT100 type co ax for the best results especially if
you are using digital terrestrial TV.

--
Cheers,

John.