Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Urgent - Forte agent help needed

Blimey

It's been a while since I posted here, this newsgroup used to be
reasonably free of trolls and sad *******s but clearly a couple of
people are using their computer without telling their mummy.

Can I block people using agent so I don't have to see their bandwidth
draining drivel?

If so how, as I'm not a newsreader expert.

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BodgeIt wrote:

Blimey

It's been a while since I posted here, this newsgroup used to be
reasonably free of trolls and sad *******s but clearly a couple of
people are using their computer without telling their mummy.

Can I block people using agent so I don't have to see their bandwidth
draining drivel?

If so how, as I'm not a newsreader expert.

Cheers

I don't know about your version of Agent, but on v1.93 you go to
Message Filters Kill filter, where you can select Author or
Subject, and set various values.

If you go to Group Default Properties Filters, you can set the
default parameters.

TF
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Fields wrote:

I don't know about your version of Agent, but on v1.93 you go to
Message Filters Kill filter, where you can select Author or
Subject, and set various values.

If you go to Group Default Properties Filters, you can set the
default parameters.

TF

Whilst on the subject, if you read the Help, it also suggests you can use :-

body:

raw-body:

but I can't get it to accept those terms. has anyone got that working ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Cap wrote:

Terry Fields wrote:

I don't know about your version of Agent, but on v1.93 you go to
Message Filters Kill filter, where you can select Author or
Subject, and set various values.

If you go to Group Default Properties Filters, you can set the
default parameters.

TF

Whilst on the subject, if you read the Help, it also suggests you can use :-

body:

raw-body:

but I can't get it to accept those terms. has anyone got that working ?

My version of Agent doesn't support that, but there is an Agent
newsgroup that's pretty good, you could try the

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

HTH

TF

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:37:16 +0000, a certain chimpanzee,
BodgeIt , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote:

Can I block people using agent so I don't have to see their bandwidth
draining drivel?

Right click, Filters, New Kill Filter, Paste Author (if not already
there), then your choice of action.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:22:21 +0000, Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost
wrote:

[Default] On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:37:16 +0000, a certain chimpanzee,
BodgeIt , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote:

Can I block people using agent so I don't have to see their bandwidth
draining drivel?

Right click, Filters, New Kill Filter, Paste Author (if not already
there), then your choice of action.

I use Hamster (as a proxy) as it has more powerful rules. Most
spammers/trolls keep changing email addresses so filtering on this
rarely worls IMHO.
--
(\__/) M.