Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pro User 50l compressor at Makro

Anyone heard of Pro User? Makro are (or will be) selling a Pro User
50l compressor for £99.99 + Vat from 1/12. All I can find about about
it is that it has 1.5Kw/2Hp motor, weight 32Kg and displaces 206l/min

TIA

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RJS wrote:
Anyone heard of Pro User? Makro are (or will be) selling a Pro User
50l compressor for £99.99 + Vat from 1/12. All I can find about about
it is that it has 1.5Kw/2Hp motor, weight 32Kg and displaces 206l/min

TIA

Richard

Almost certainly yet another badged version of the ones Aldi and other
cheap outlets sell.
Wolfcraft, power craft are but two brands on these.
Wolf brand went under in the last year or so but there are plenty of
badge stickering companies around to import these chinese machines.

Very noisy but ok for light DIY use. Easy to transport. The hysteresis
(pressure difference between switching off and switching back on) on
mine is too great for consistent air nailing. This might be adjustable
but I've not tried yet.
Great to inflate tyres and blow dust out of the way. Useless for most
air tools as they have too greater appetite for air.

I think I paid £60 for mine with a load of plug in bits. I had to use
the one for oil and waxoyl spraying recently - that works well.
£99 +vat sounds steep to me though.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 9:46*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
RJS wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bob

Others have said more or less the same thing. I think I'll wait for
the next Machine Mart sale.

Cheers

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 28, 10:17*pm, RJS wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:46*pm, Bob Minchin

wrote:
RJS wrote:
[...]

Get the biggest receiver and the most powerful model you can afford
but make sure it will start reliably off a 13 amp socket -- the bigger
ones need decompressers and big capacitors for starting. And belt
drive is infinitely better than direct drive. You can models with up
to 200 litre receivers answering that description and on wheels,
what's more.

John

may be of use to someone - makro DIY bargains . UK diy 0 August 23rd 06 02:51 PM
easter DIY bargains at makro . UK diy 6 April 27th 06 11:17 PM
DeWalt at Makro david lang UK diy 0 February 1st 06 10:05 AM
Makro Clamps david lang UK diy 11 August 19th 05 06:11 PM
Bargains at Makro David Lang UK diy 4 May 9th 05 07:48 PM