Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - 4x4 automatic car.

Please do not get sniffy. I drive an automatic car. I do not have a manual
licence ( OH does b ut I cant be reliant on him!) . I am not a confident
driver although I am SAFE, that was why I got an automatic in the first
place. I travel 100 miles a day to work and back without incident, so there.

Now, I want to get a 4x4 car. I don't mind if it is second hand ( I will go
to a dealer) or new.
I have a automatic Clio currently and my PH has a little used ( about 500
miles in three years!) Scudo van. I was thinking to change the Scudo for a
4x4 - possibly keeping my 2 year old Clio ( although I might have to change
his van for an older 4x4 and even a manual depending on what I can get).

Thats the scenario. Now, what sort of 4x4 is good - OK? I don't need a big
one or that fancy, just reliable. I had been looking at a Suzuki Jimny. The
problem is I have been to several dealers fora NEW ( brand new) car and
found them very sniffy when I mentioned wanting an automatic. I have looked
on the web sites of many manufacturers but they don't state which vehicles
they will do as an automatic option.

I have found this before , so its not new to me but is a problem and I am
tired and don't have time to sort through it and take the flack. My old
Renault dealership when were helpful has been taken over by a big firm who
are sniffy about anyone who mentions automatics! I could do with some
advice. I don't need to be patronized please, I have had that from men in
the motor trade. ( No , this is not my inheritance money but I do need a 4x4
to keep travelling 400 miles a month this winter to sort out the house I
have inherited. OH van is 2004 and could do with changing too so a 4x4 could
be a better option).

Thanks for any help in selecting a suitable vehicle. Smallish, economic and
reliable are the criteria - not big and blousy and "boys toy". I don't care
about eco friendly. I need a car to get from A - B and is useable in all
weathers.

Automatic outside light. LouB[_3_] Home Repair 14 March 10th 10 08:52 PM
Automatic cat feeder? Chris UK diy 27 October 28th 06 06:16 PM
Automatic Screwdrivers. Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 August 9th 05 06:52 AM
Hoover 820 Automatic champion Electronics Repair 1 June 1st 05 10:53 AM
Automatic bypass Mike UK diy 2 December 5th 04 08:07 AM