Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Novice DIY'er

Default Earth and new light fitting

Am 75% through a kitchen re-build. Now, the lurverly new halogen lights
we've bought from B&Q need to be fiited. Removed old fitting to see what I
assumed was the normal two wires (black and red). Fine, open box for shiney
new light fitting and 'SH*T', it's got an earth wire as well! Hmmm, who
nicked my earth cable in the attic? Had a wee peak behind the light switch
and ITS got an earth but none coming down from the attic! So, do I need to
crawl about in the attic to try and trace the wires back, add an extra earth
wire and strap it to a pipe, see where the light switch wire goes to and
connect it to that, set up the camping bed in the garage again?

Any advice to someone who HATES electricity appreciated.

Harry