Novice DIY'er

Default Earth and new light fitting

David and Dave,

Due to family pressures I didn't get the chance to crawl around in the attic
space. Did look behind the light switch and there is an earth although I
think it was just looped around the connecting screw (one of two screws
holding cover to the wall unit). Will crawl up into the attic today and see
whats up there. I do know where the main earth from the fuse box leads to up
into the attic.

Thanks again,

Harry

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Lobster wrote:
I certainly think it's worth investigating the fixed cable in the attic;
it seems strange that you would have earthed cable going to the switch
and non-earthed cable elsewhere.

It might well just be made off inside the switch box, but not connected at
the rose. I've come across this. Perhaps to pass the old visual

inspection.

--
*Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.