Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Contact adhesive ?

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Cap wrote:
I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

Thixofix is still available.

http://www.thegluepeople.co.uk/index...products_id=17
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Cap wrote:
I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

same as it was. Proper solvent bostik

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2010 17:59, Andy Cap wrote:

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

I normally use Thixofix - which is non-drip *and* allows a small amount
of position adjustment before it finally grabs.

See http://www.thegluepeople.co.uk/pdf/A...%20-%20TDS.pdf
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2010 17:59, Andy Cap wrote:

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

I've started using PVA wood glue. Provided you clamp the edging on well,
it makes a very strong joint. Never had one detach when trimming it.
Also allows you to manoevre the strip into the exact position rather
than the irrevocable grab with contact

Peter Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2010 18:37, Peter Scott wrote:
On 21/10/2010 17:59, Andy Cap wrote:

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact
adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built
a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

I've started using PVA wood glue. Provided you clamp the edging on well,
it makes a very strong joint. Never had one detach when trimming it.
Also allows you to manoevre the strip into the exact position rather
than the irrevocable grab with contact

Peter Scott

Uhu from the Pound Shop. Behaves exactly like the old EvoStik AFAICS,
and a 500gm tube is a convenient size for me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 10:34, stuart noble wrote:
On 21/10/2010 18:37, Peter Scott wrote:

On 21/10/2010 17:59, Andy Cap wrote:

I need to stick on some worktop edging. Which is the best contact
adhesive
available these days for this sort of thing? Many years since I built
a kitchen
with Formica and one of the old 45º edge trimmers !

Andy C

I've started using PVA wood glue. Provided you clamp the edging on well,
it makes a very strong joint. Never had one detach when trimming it.
Also allows you to manoevre the strip into the exact position rather
than the irrevocable grab with contact

Peter Scott

Uhu from the Pound Shop. Behaves exactly like the old EvoStik AFAICS,
and a 500gm tube is a convenient size for me.

Gee, yes; I bought a new tin of Evostick the other day - it is totally
useless; I didn't actually take it back but it damn nearly breaks the
Trade Description Act.
Rob

Removing contact adhesive cement/mortar floor, repairing cement Clive UK diy 3 October 16th 08 04:25 PM
Q spraying contact adhesive CC Home Repair 11 February 6th 07 04:10 AM
Who Do I Contact For Coax [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 4th 07 11:18 PM
Spraying contact adhesive pebe UK diy 4 July 23rd 06 07:30 PM
Interlocking Suspended Ceiling/Fixing Trunking - Self adhesive or Impact adhesive. [email protected] UK diy 0 February 3rd 06 09:21 AM