Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who Do I Contact For Coax

Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what
would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they
wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the
building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6
Quad Sheild?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Electricians, alarm installers, and stereo installers will run coax. Call
some for an estimate

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what
would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they
wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the
building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6
Quad Sheild?

Posted to alt.home.repair

why do you want to replace it? call a electrician, to fish the new coax
thru the building, most likely you will need the building owners
permission in advance in writing

Posted to alt.home.repair

You live in an apartment? Are you the landlord? If not, I suggest the
first person you contact is your landlord. He/She might have something
to say about you hiring someone to modify his/her property.

That said, try just about any electrician, alarm company, home audio
dealer, etc. All of these trades deal with retrofitting houses with
updated wiring on a daily basis. You didn't mention what your
application was, so it would be tough to recommend the "best cable" to
use.

wrote:
Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what
would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they
wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the
building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6
Quad Sheild?

Posted to alt.home.repair

buffalo ny: the owner of the building. or if it is cable company cable
tv, the wire is owned by the cable company; ask them to upgrade it. if
it is already rg6 there may just be a bad splitter or end they will
replace.

wrote:
Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with
newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that
always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be
to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what
would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they
wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the
building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6
Quad Sheild?

Posted to alt.home.repair

just go to partsexpress.com and get yourself some decent RG-6... quad
shield isn't really necessary, In my opinion.

Be sure to get plenty extra... if nothing else, you could buy some
RCA-type ends and solder together some really nice interconnects for
your home theater.

Can a coax connection be partially damaged? Some stations suddenly not coming in on HDTV on coax in. Doc Electronics Repair 8 November 30th 06 02:11 AM
Which coax to use [email protected] Electronics Repair 15 December 26th 05 06:14 PM
coax geoff smith Electronics Repair 1 July 22nd 05 07:11 PM
Contact cleaner Dave M. Electronics Repair 5 March 20th 05 06:44 AM
Contact Cement Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 18 March 19th 05 05:34 AM