Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crown paint - is this a wind-up?

I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

--
Each time someone stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a little ripple of

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2010 19:48, Ian Smeaton wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

Ian

Up - yes,

Wind - no.

So write "Data Protection Registrar" as your name!

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian Smeaton wrote:

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

The wonders of (someone who doesn't know how to use) sharepoint.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ian Smeaton"
saying something like:

I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

"I bought a 5 litre can of mixed paint from your Wellingborough depot on
Tuesday.Arrived home and found all paint on boot floor after lid came
off. Was told my problem as had lrft your depot O.K. Area manager did
re-supply paint however I still have ruined boot liner and paint on car
boot walls. Why no clips put on cans?Not very happy-would like some
redress and cans with clips in future. Please reply asap.David Williams"

"I've been a thick **** and want you to pay me"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Staging implies staging server, as opposed to production server, so it
may be "greeking".

Then again staging and production systems have a habit of being the
same - although admittedly where USA management want the change now
and India is blaming "language difficulties" :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Oct, 19:56, "Richard Head" wrote:
"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

why?

what disadvantage are these largely hapless inept punters at?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain wrote:
On Oct 20, 8:19*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
Ian Smeaton wrote:
http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../********.aspx

The wonders of (someone who doesn't know how to use) sharepoint.

I do hope it doesn't disappear before The Register see it...

it didn't :-)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10...nts_data_fail/

Just gone now though - 403. Happened in the last few mins.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/10/2010 14:29, D.M.Chapman wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10...nts_data_fail/
Just gone now though - 403. Happened in the last few mins.

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who e-mailed TheReg then :-)

--
James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

why?

what disadvantage are these largely hapless inept punters at?

Well I for one would not want my name, address, phone number and email
address going worldwide. In a day and age where we have to buy paper
shredders to stop such details getting into the rubbish bin because some
ne'r-do-well will use it for nefarious purposes such as ID theft or fraud,
I'd call having said details posted on the worldwide interwebby thing one
huge, major disadvantage - wouldn't you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

why?

what disadvantage are these largely hapless inept punters at?

Well I for one would not want my name, address, phone number and email
address going worldwide.

All probably widely available already. Everytime you write a cheque
you give away a copy of your signature.

What are you worried about?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2010 21:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 20/10/2010 19:48, Ian Smeaton wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

Worth reading the last few contacts he

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co.uk/Lists/Contact%20Us/Contact%20Us.aspx?Paged=TRUE&p_ID=100&View={C64C05 19-C7C0-4728-9CEF-33D91185ED61}&PageFirstRow=101

;-)

Well it's taken them several hours but it has just this minute gone down.
On the page was a test message from a crown employee, mailed her at 9:00
to point out the error their ways, oh and also copied the Register,
wonder which one acted first?

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

why?

what disadvantage are these largely hapless inept punters at?

Well I for one would not want my name, address, phone number and
email address going worldwide.

All probably widely available already. Everytime you write a cheque
you give away a copy of your signature.

What are you worried about?

Nothing - my details aren't on there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember James Bendall
saying something like:

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who e-mailed TheReg then :-)

I would have done, but I was cleaning the paint out of my car boot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember James Bendall
saying something like:

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one who e-mailed TheReg then :-)

I would have done, but I was cleaning the paint out of my car boot.

Lol!

Seems it didn't go fast enough to avoid google ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Google seem to have cached the site before they took it down even
better..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Smeaton" wrote:
I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

In breach of the Data Protection Act?

why?

what disadvantage are these largely hapless inept punters at?

Well I for one would not want my name, address, phone number and email
address going worldwide. In a day and age where we have to buy paper
shredders to stop such details getting into the rubbish bin because some
ne'r-do-well will use it for nefarious purposes such as ID theft or fraud,
I'd call having said details posted on the worldwide interwebby thing one
huge, major disadvantage - wouldn't you?

As I recall not all halfwit hapless halfwits sent their contact
details in;
in any case no more info than in a phone book (except email);

most were trying to blag freebies or asking daft questions.

what "heinous modern-day heists" are you having nightmares about
exactly pizza boy?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 20, 8:08*pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 20/10/2010 19:48, Ian Smeaton wrote:

I'd contact them to tell them, but then I'd be on display too!

http://www.crowndecoratingcentre.co..../AllItems.aspx

Ian

Up - yes,

Wind - no.

So write "Data Protection Registrar" as your name!

Well I gave the name (and business address) of the Information
Commissioner.

I also dropped the ICO an email with a screen shot.

paint peeling (crown wipeable paint) Stephen[_6_] UK diy 3 October 22nd 09 10:50 PM
Wind up, not a wind up Broadback UK diy 1 February 13th 09 02:04 AM
Crown suede paint Mario Lanza UK diy 0 September 17th 07 05:32 PM
Crown molding & paint wall Arpil Home Repair 5 June 21st 06 02:22 AM
Crown Cupboard Makeover Paint Peter Johnson UK diy 0 January 17th 05 05:03 PM