Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scap value of old radiators

Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap value?

I wouldn't have thought so, but then you hear of people stealing manhole
covers for the scrap value so perhaps there is?

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2010 15:28, David WE Roberts wrote:
Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap value?

Don't believe so - best left outside in the street with a 'help
yourself' sign I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct, 15:28, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap value?

I wouldn't have thought so, but then you hear of people stealing manhole
covers for the scrap value so perhaps there is?

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

The web says heavy covers are worth about a tenner. Harldy worth the
trouble unless you're jobless.

"Officers characterise the culprits as “local low life” rather than
organised criminals, but councils suspect that some of the metal may
be shipped overseas for sale. A gully lid weighs up to 80kg (176lb)
and the scrap cast iron fetches £130 a tonne. Prices peaked in April,
provoking the wave of thefts".

rusty
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:

Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap value?

I got £15 for 90kgs a few weeks ago.
2 radiators, and 2 builders bags full of old screws, car brake discs and
other general steel/iron junk from my garden.
Look he
http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals/

Light Iron is the term for general scrap. these prices are the wholesale
price, so expect to get at least 20% less than that.
Shop around too. My nearest scrappie was paying £1.20 for copper, yet
the one I took it to eventually was paying £2.50/kg.

Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:28:08 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap
value?

They do have a value but it's not particulary high so making a
special say 20 mile round trip for one small rad won't cover the fuel
cost but if you have number of 'em ...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Radiators STEPHEN UK diy 2 January 16th 06 05:11 PM
Radiators, which way up? Mr Fizzion UK diy 3 September 3rd 05 01:35 PM
radiators getting TOO HOT BluesCon UK diy 6 October 28th 04 07:29 PM
2 Radiators not getting hot John Biddiscombe UK diy 4 October 14th 04 01:34 PM
Is it practical - Scap UPS tranformers for stepdown George Jetson Electronics Repair 8 October 12th 03 01:14 AM