Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Twin-outlet power sockets abroad

For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the Gewiss catalogue
to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power socket.[*]

Is that really so?

Seems rather odd if all I can do is fit two singles next to each other.

Has anyone had experience in this area?
[*]

I did find one single item

(GW 34 203 German standard - double - 2P+ - 16A - 250V~ For single box
to be completed with Young range 4 gang playbus plate)

but that was it.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the Gewiss catalogue
to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power socket.[*]

Is that really so?

For Germany? If so, I've seen them; and Google found a few. Eg
http://www.lichthausgalerie.de/produ...ei---ERGE.html
or
http://www.preisroboter.de/search.ph...=&max=&x=0&y=0.
Or look at the pictures from
http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&...ko%20site:*.de

(It helped that SWMBO read German and told me to add "2-fach" to the
search.)

HTH

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:

For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the Gewiss catalogue
to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power socket.[*]

Is that really so?

For Germany? If so, I've seen them; and Google found a few. Eg snip

(It helped that SWMBO read German and told me to add "2-fach" to the
search.)

Also try "doppelsteckdose" (i.e. double socket).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

snip
Also try "doppelsteckdose" (i.e. double socket).

Ja doch! A much better tactic.
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:37:36 +0100, Les Desser wrote:
For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the Gewiss catalogue
to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power socket.[*]

Is that really so?

Seems rather odd if all I can do is fit two singles next to each other.

Has anyone had experience in this area?

[*]

I did find one single item

(GW 34 203 German standard - double - 2P+ - 16A - 250V~ For single box
to be completed with Young range 4 gang playbus plate)

but that was it.

In Spain you don't explicitly buy 2 or 3 way sockets "roll your own" bys
buying a set of single sockets and a 2-way or 3-way faceplate and box.
Then you wire each socket in turn and fit the whole thing in a suitably
sized hole in the wall.

--
http://www.thisreallyismyhost.99k.or...4592024416.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:35:08 +0000, pete wrote:
In Spain you don't explicitly buy 2 or 3 way sockets "roll your own" bys
buying a set of single sockets and a 2-way or 3-way faceplate and box.
Then you wire each socket in turn and fit the whole thing in a suitably
sized hole in the wall.

Same here in the US; the faceplates have a score/snap line on the reverse
side so you can fit them side by side to install multiple ones into a
suitable wall recess - ditto for light switches.

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article , Les
Desser wrote:
For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the
Gewiss catalogue to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power
socket.[*]

Is that really so?

Seems rather odd if all I can do is fit two singles next
to each other.

Has anyone had experience in this area?

[*]

I did find one single item

(GW 34 203 German standard - double - 2P+ - 16A - 250V~
For single box to be completed with Young range 4 gang
playbus plate)

but that was it.

You might try Alombard, that's the name inside a double
socket next to where I'm sitting. French sockets with
protruding earth pin.

John

--
John Mulrooney

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat drink beer all day.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank you for all the responses - looks like that doubles are available
although not listed in the catalogue I was looking at.

The Gewiss catalogue shows the single sockets surrounded by a Meccano
like strips round its edge making side by side mounting look impossible.

Http://www.gewiss.com/irj/portal/Cat...00000000000100
00188910&groupID=0000000000000010000013958&categor yID=0000000000000010000
035457&subCategoryID=0000000000000010000014072&tex tOnly=false

--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

blocking electrical outlet sockets jon UK diy 4 November 22nd 06 03:43 PM
Power switched off at mains but still power to sockets Tony UK diy 20 November 17th 06 08:02 AM
number of power sockets davep UK diy 70 April 3rd 06 10:39 PM
join thin twin electricity cable with standard twin and earth Dundonald UK diy 6 March 29th 05 09:00 AM