Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall and loft insulation

A friend has had cavity wall insulation and loft insulation recently carried
out on their detached house. As they claim Tax Credits, this was all done
for free.

There are a number of things which if was me I would complain about.

First of all, the original paperwork following a survey said that because of
a neighbour's shed against a wall, that for this wall, they would insert the
insulation in from the loft. Naturally the people doing the work didn't do
it, and they now have 3 out of 4 walls with insulation. Is this normal?

The loft is part boarded, and the surveyor said that they would just add to
the edges outside of the boarding. However the plonker has decided to place
the material over half the boards as well.

I'm having difficulty to find out who has been paying for this insulation
with a view to ask them what was required of the installers and the survey.
Does anyone know?

Loft insulation ? Tony B UK diy 10 September 8th 08 01:03 PM
loft insulation ronald UK diy 5 July 4th 08 08:49 PM
Loft insulation. Warm loft, colder bedrooms? [email protected] UK diy 2 October 27th 07 07:52 PM
Insulation on loft roof - insulation blankets...? Simon Hawthorne UK diy 10 April 18th 05 09:55 PM
Loft insulation? Mogweed UK diy 26 March 30th 05 07:19 PM