Senior Member

Default Dry Diamond Drill accessories

I've purchased a Dewalt D21580K dedicated dry diamond drill.

The manual insists on using the DeWALT D215804 Dust Collection Device when dry drilling.

DeWALT D215804 Dust collection device to suit Diamond Drills D21580K & D21582K [D215804]

I will try without it, but is it that important? I really do not understand how it can collect much dust being so far from the actual cutting.

Would the end of a vacuum cleaner placed by the hole be any better?

Also, the manual insists on using a stand for dry drilling above 100mm.

- Search Results : Industrial Power Tools from DeWALT, Ryobi, Bosch, Makita, AEG, Hitachi, Milwaukee & Panasonic

Would it be really needed for drilling 127mm holes in breeze block and perhaps in masonry?

Kind regards,

Antonio
Posted to uk.d-i-y

asalcedo wrote:
I've purchased a Dewalt D21580K dedicated dry diamond drill.

OK

The manual insists on using the DeWALT D215804 Dust Collection Device
when dry drilling.

snip
I will try without it, but is it that important? I really do not
understand how it can collect much dust being so far from the actual
cutting.

I imagine it sucks the dust from inside the core drill.

Would the end of a vacuum cleaner placed by the hole be any better?

It would be different, as it would suck dust from outside the core
drill. Just as effective I would think, but who's gonna hold the vac?
You need both hands on the drill.

Also, the manual insists on using a stand for dry drilling above 100mm.

Well, it would, wouldn't it? They don't want to be sued if someone
breaks their wrist.

(http://tinyurl.com/2g2j76m)

Would it be really needed for drilling 127mm holes in breeze block and
perhaps in masonry?

Depends on horizontal/vertical, whether or not cramped conditions,
whether or not above your head, whether you're a 10 stone weakling or a
20 stone bruiser, how hard the material is, how deep the hole is,
whether or not you have steel toe-capped boots and whether you fancy it
or not.

In other words, give it a go if you fancy it - you'll soon know whether
you can physically cope or not.

HTH
DaveyOz
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D21582K [D215804]' (http://tinyurl.com/2a2ha4t)

--
asalcedo

I have a dry diamond cutter set up (Marcrist not de walt) and using
the dust extractor is almost essential to keep the cutters clear of
dust build up which jams the cutter in the hole. Typically it makes a
bloody awful job into a simple one. I attach a Henry to the spigot
when cutting.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
On 6 Aug, 19:06, asalcedo wrote:
I've purchased a Dewalt D21580K dedicated dry diamond drill.

The manual insists on using the DeWALT D215804 Dust Collection Device
when dry drilling.

'DeWALT D215804 Dust collection device to suit Diamond Drills D21580K &
D21582K [D215804]' (DeWALT D215804 Dust collection device to suit Diamond Drills D21580K & D21582K [D215804])

[...]

Thank you for your informative comment.

Antonio