dave marriage

Default electrical

we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know why?
BillR

dave marriage wrote:
we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone
know why?

Sounds like corroding copper ... Is it damp in there?
Nice time of year to be without power ....

Bob Minchin

dave marriage wrote:

we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know why?

We had a thread on this a few months back. Have a look in the archive. I really
can't remember if we got a an answer to the problem.

Bob

Colin Wilson

we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know why?
We had a thread on this a few months back. Have a look in the archive. I really
can't remember if we got a an answer to the problem.

Is it the consumer unit, or the cutout (main fuse) where the cable first
comes into the house ?

If its the cutout...

Many were filled with a bituminous compound which may weep at times, but
doesn`t really cause a problem unless you can detect heat or smell
burning, but it might be worth asking the `leccy board to check it out.

John

"dave marriage" wrote in message
om...
we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know

why?

Try Ghostbusters...

BigWallop

"BillR" wrote in message
dave marriage wrote:
we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone
know why?

Sounds like corroding copper ... Is it damp in there?
Nice time of year to be without power ....

Someone's dropped a tub of that "Slime" stuff in it. :-)) Or it's an
attack by aliens. :-)) But more likely to be as BillR says.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

PoP

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:27:05 -0000, "John" wrote:

Try Ghostbusters...

Amazing. I haven't heard the theme tune in at least a couple of years.
Yet in reading that one word my head started buzzing with
da-da-di-da-dah-dah....da-dum-di-da-di-da-dum-dah....GHOST BUSTERS!

I can't believe the amount of 3 dimensional information the human
brain can remember and bring back instantly.

PoP

Ed Rear

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

It's furble ****.
--

Dave

Or Kermit?

Dave Plowman

In article ,
dave marriage wrote:
we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know
why?

There was a thread on here some time back with 'sensible' answers ;-)
about migrating polymers or somesuch. A search should find it.

--
*Plagiarism saves time *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Rick Hughes

"dave marriage" wrote in message
om...
we have a sticky green goo running from our consumer unit - anyone know

why?

Is this to be followed by blood oozing out of the walls ... or was that the
other film ?

Electrical sockets in kitchen cupboards alan UK diy 3 September 27th 03 08:42 PM
New Electrical Regulations Tony Bryer UK diy 278 September 25th 03 08:53 PM
Electrical funny (2) roger UK diy 6 September 23rd 03 09:11 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM