Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaniing 32 mm waste pipes

I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers'
merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the
end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

--
The Wanderer

Everyone brings happiness.
Some as they arrive, others as they leave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Wanderer" wrote in message
.. .
I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers'
merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the
end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

--
The Wanderer

Everyone brings happiness.
Some as they arrive, others as they leave.

Sounds like another job for the very handy cable routing rod sets you can
get very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spamlet wrote:

"The Wanderer" wrote in message .. .
I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers'
merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the
end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

-- The Wanderer

Everyone brings happiness.
Some as they arrive, others as they leave.

Sounds like another job for the very handy cable routing rod sets you can get very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

You mean a snake
http://www.legendcookshop.co.uk/brus...er-8970-0.html
http://tinyurl.com/3alo5sf

--
---
zaax
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:17:14 GMT, zaax wrote:

Spamlet wrote:

"The Wanderer" wrote in message .. .
I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers'
merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the
end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

-- The Wanderer

Everyone brings happiness.
Some as they arrive, others as they leave.

Sounds like another job for the very handy cable routing rod sets you can get very cheaply these days: just tie a bottle brush to the end.

You mean a snake

Nah, already got a 3m long one of those. I'm reluctant to try taping a
bottle brush to the end, as the pipe run has a couple of 45° bends before
going into a top entry on the toilet connection elbow, and I have this
dread of the brush coming adrift and me having to take a load of panelling
apart on the combined vanity unit and toilet backing. 'S gotta be a brush
actually twisted into the end of the twisty wire. Found a supplier in the
US who'll make 'em to whatever length you want, but the shipping would be
prohibitive for something that costs no more than a few pounds.

--
The Wanderer

Wine Improves with age. The older I get the better it tastes!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:
I know there are flexible waste pipe cleaners available from plumbers'
merchants or the sheds, anyone know if a brush-ended version is available?

Google turned up loads of bottle brushes and the like, but nothing on the
end of a couple of metres of flexible wire.

I recently unblocked a complex small bore drain run by deliberately
blocking the outlet end and back filling the whole system with caustic
soda solution and left it to soak for several hours.

Worked a treat.

Bob