Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Secret Farnell employee - stand up and declare yourself !

On Jul 26, 7:28*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

You are making this up.

No I'm not, but since you're an arse with an axe to grind, I can see how
telling pork pies as you do makes you feel like a big man.

It's eating pork pies that does that.

I can only tell it how is is with Parcel Force imports through
Coventry airport and the Milton Keynes PF depot.

*All* such parcels I have had over the past 5 years have arrived with
a label affixed showing the breakdown of VAT and duty. At first the
VAT and duty were paid on delivery, then they changed the system to
sending out notification (in the post) of the VAT and duty due, which
has to be paid before delivery. You can also track the parcel on-line
using the international tracking number. The trouble is that, to pay
on line, you need a different reference number that is sent with the
postal notification. Getting through to human on the automated
telephone system can be difficult at times. If you manage it, they can
tie the two reference numbers together. The postal notification with
the VAT abd duty breakdown still arrives, however. Agreed, it's still
not a kosher VAT invoice.

If you choose not to believe any of that then that's your problem. If
you wish to discuss it in a civi manner, then go ahead.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

[...]

So, without a proper invoice, how do you put this stuff through your books ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

Man at B&Q wrote:

[...]

I'm not VAT registered :-)

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

[...]

Doesn't matter. If you're buying this stuff through your company, all of the
amount of money that you've spent on each item, needs to be recorded. It's
not a case of whether you are claiming the VAT back, or not. You have spent
the cost of the item, the VAT, and any import duty that you have spent on
it. When you put your petrol receipts through your books, you don't put in
the amount less the VAT that you paid on it, do you ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

I can only tell it how is is with Parcel Force imports through
Coventry airport and the Milton Keynes PF depot.

My parcels come through Coventry. I do not get the labels or letters you
refer to. So no, I don't believe you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 28, 1:17*am, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

I can only tell it how is is with Parcel Force imports through
Coventry airport and the Milton Keynes PF depot.

My parcels come through Coventry. I do not get the labels or letters you
refer to. So no, I don't believe you.

Well, it's all true.

So how do you know the total to pay and how do you pay it?

How do you take receipt of the parcels? delivered or collected?

Which PF depot?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 27, 4:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

So, without a proper invoice, how do you put this stuff through your
books ?

I'm not VAT registered :-)

MBQ

Doesn't matter. If you're buying this stuff through your company, all of the
amount of money that you've spent on each item, needs to be recorded. It's
not a case of whether you are claiming the VAT back, or not. You have spent
the cost of the item, the VAT, and any import duty that you have spent on
it. When you put your petrol receipts through your books, you don't put in
the amount less the VAT that you paid on it, do you ?

Arfa

Sorry, I thought you were referring to VAT receipts.

It's a part time business and the turn over small enough that all we
need to do is declare profit and loss on the tax return.

If we are ever investigated then the paperwork from PF shows what we
have paid.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, OK. Understand now. I thought you were either self employed or a
business owner, and your imports were to do with that as part of your main
source of income. :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 28, 2:15*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

[...]

I wish! but SWMBO will not let me give up the day job whilst the kids
are still at school.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

So how do you know the total to pay and how do you pay it?

There's a card stuck though the door which tells me where I can collect
the parcel. When I get there an overweight man tells me "that's £x".

How do you take receipt of the parcels? delivered or collected?

Usually collected.

Which PF depot?

The one near my house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 28, 8:11*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

So how do you know the total to pay and how do you pay it?

There's a card stuck though the door which tells me where I can collect
the parcel. When I get there an overweight man tells me "that's £x".

How do you take receipt of the parcels? delivered or collected?

Usually collected.

Which PF depot?

The one near my house.

That sounds more like the way Royal Mail work than Parcel Force.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

So how do you know the total to pay and how do you pay it?

There's a card stuck though the door which tells me where I can collect
the parcel. When I get there an overweight man tells me "that's £x".

How do you take receipt of the parcels? delivered or collected?

Usually collected.

Which PF depot?

The one near my house.

That sounds more like the way Royal Mail work than Parcel Force.

`then someone shoudl tell them to stop markign their cards "Parcel
Force" and to remove the large "Parcel Force" signs from their depot.
They could also scrub the "Parcel Force" signs from the vans.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

So how do you know the total to pay and how do you pay it?

There's a card stuck though the door which tells me where I can collect
the parcel. When I get there an overweight man tells me "that's £x"..

How do you take receipt of the parcels? delivered or collected?

Usually collected.

Which PF depot?

The one near my house.

That sounds more like the way Royal Mail work than Parcel Force.

`then someone shoudl tell them to stop markign their cards "Parcel
Force" and to remove the large "Parcel Force" signs from their depot.
They could also scrub the "Parcel Force" signs from the vans.

They obviously do things differently at the Milton Keynes depot.

Parhaps

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...ediaId=2600005

Under "Customs charge to pay" where it says "Had a letter abour
charges" will help you understand what I'm talking about.

If you click on the link to pay, you will then see that it says
"...top left of the *invoice* letter".

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:

If you click on the link to pay, you will then see that it says
"...top left of the *invoice* letter".

I don't know how many times I have to repeat that no such letter was
provided.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 29, 9:18*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

If you click on the link to pay, you will then see that it says
"...top left of the *invoice* letter".

I don't know how many times I have to repeat that no such letter was
provided.

In your case, I agree. I'm merely pointing out how it works for me in
respopnes to being acuused of telling pork pies.

I suggest you talk to PF customer services at your local depot.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Tinkerer wrote:

HMC regard the label attached to the parcel, which details the breakdown
of charges, as the receipt.

No they don't, and there is no such label on most deliveries.

Most? Having spend eight years as a sub postmaster, I can assure you
that, during that time, I have not seen ANY chargeable parcels without a
printed label, showing the service charge, VAT, import duty or whatever.

Does not matter where the parcels arrive from, the charge having been
levied at Coventry, the local depot or Timbuctoo, the label is there,
for all to see. How else would anyone know how much to charge? It is
not a figure concocted at the local office, to top up the tea fund.

Oh, and anyone who collects a parcel from my office gets a receipt,
showing the charge number and breakdown of the charge levied.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme wrote:

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Tinkerer wrote:

HMC regard the label attached to the parcel, which details the breakdown
of charges, as the receipt.

No they don't, and there is no such label on most deliveries.

Most?

Yes, most of the deliveries made to this address.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Graeme wrote:
In message , Steve Firth
writes
Tinkerer wrote:

HMC regard the label attached to the parcel, which details the breakdown
of charges, as the receipt.

No they don't, and there is no such label on most deliveries.

Most?

Yes, most of the deliveries made to this address.

Steve, I am not going to argue, or call you a liar. I just accept that,
in your part of the UK, things are done differently, although, knowing
PF and RM, that does not surprise me. There seems to be little
consistency between offices 10 or 20 miles apart, never mind hundreds of
miles. All I can say is, in my office, I have never seen a parcel, PF
or RM, without a sticky label, if a charge is payable.
--
Graeme, NE Scotland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme wrote:

All I can say is, in my office, I have never seen a parcel, PF
or RM, without a sticky label, if a charge is payable.

I've never seen one with such label.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 21, 1:50*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Following on from last week's discussions about how companies ship their
orders, I have today ordered another quantity of small parts from Farnell,
and once again, like last week, they are coming by Royal Mail rather than
UPS. Have we got a lurker on here, who works for them, and has actually
taken some notice of what was being said about choosing the most appropriate
packaging and shipper for each order ?

Received a package from Farnell yesterday (ordered the day before)
that I thought would come by RM, but was "UPS Saver". Paperwork inside
says it was shipped from their Liege warehouse!

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 1:50 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Following on from last week's discussions about how companies ship their
orders, I have today ordered another quantity of small parts from
Farnell,
and once again, like last week, they are coming by Royal Mail rather than
UPS. Have we got a lurker on here, who works for them, and has actually
taken some notice of what was being said about choosing the most
appropriate
packaging and shipper for each order ?

Received a package from Farnell yesterday (ordered the day before)
that I thought would come by RM, but was "UPS Saver". Paperwork inside
says it was shipped from their Liege warehouse!

MBQ

Oh, but it gets worse than that ! Quite often, an order will be split
between Leeds and Belgium, and although the stuff from Belgium does tend to
arrive (at some indeterminate at UPS's discretion time) the next day,
sometimes, the two bits of your order can be a couple of days apart ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, Man
at B&Q writes
On Jul 21, 1:50*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Following on from last week's discussions about how companies ship their
orders, I have today ordered another quantity of small parts from Farnell,
and once again, like last week, they are coming by Royal Mail rather than
UPS. Have we got a lurker on here, who works for them, and has actually
taken some notice of what was being said about choosing the most appropriate
packaging and shipper for each order ?

Received a package from Farnell yesterday (ordered the day before)
that I thought would come by RM, but was "UPS Saver". Paperwork inside
says it was shipped from their Liege warehouse!

What a waste - my wife could have brought it back with her

--
geoff

JST-SM connectors, m/c wire and Farnell T i m UK diy 32 December 5th 09 11:07 PM
CPC vs Farnell? adrian UK diy 32 May 14th 09 09:28 AM
DECLARE WAR ON DEBT okrpt1 Home Repair 1 February 19th 08 07:04 PM
Farnell l30 .05Ma power supply help ???? paul405 Electronics Repair 0 November 23rd 04 01:03 PM
farnell L30 Power supply help? paul405 Electronics Repair 1 November 14th 04 10:29 PM