Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bargain Fugenboys at Lidl again (from 22nd)

and other DIY bits:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_12548.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"mike" wrote in message
and other DIY bits:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_12548.htm

And I have just received my set from Screwfix.

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/07/2010 16:25, mike wrote:
and other DIY bits:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_12548.htm

I've seen discussions in the past about the use of Fugenboys in
connection with silicone sealants, but these Lidl efforts are sold as
grouting tools. Are they the same thing?

Anyone care to explain how you use Fugeboys with sealant - maybe I'm
thick, but it doesn't seem obvious to me?!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills
wibbled on Thursday 15 July 2010 22:32

On 15/07/2010 16:25, mike wrote:
and other DIY bits:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_12548.htm

I've seen discussions in the past about the use of Fugenboys in
connection with silicone sealants, but these Lidl efforts are sold as
grouting tools. Are they the same thing?

Anyone care to explain how you use Fugeboys with sealant - maybe I'm
thick, but it doesn't seem obvious to me?!

Yes - apply bead, "scrape" with Fugenboy using whichever of the 6 corner
profiles you want. Hold Fugenboy nearer to perpendicular or shallower (never
the other way).

They work because they conform slightly to the surface, and are easy to wipe
off - kitchen towel for the firest few times, then a drop of meths once in a
while and meths to clean at the end.

Something about the material they're made of - they just work btter than any
hard plastic device and have less "stickiness" to the wet silicone than
normal rubber.

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger

On 15/07/2010 16:25, mike wrote:
[...]

Ah, I see - thanks. And are the Lidl "grouting tools" virtually the same
thing, at a lower price?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Bargain! The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 10 June 30th 10 08:36 AM
Lidl Fugenboys mike[_7_] UK diy 12 July 19th 09 10:53 PM
Patio Accessory - Bargain PricesPatio Accessory - Bargain Prices [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 5th 08 04:59 PM
Klingspor bargain box really is a bargain Ken Yee Woodworking 2 January 4th 07 11:45 PM
I'm off to Switzerland from the 12th -22nd. Al Kyder Woodturning 1 November 3rd 06 02:45 AM