Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default another wierd project

OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project
it involves metal / aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery
for arguments sake, lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

Would a local fabricator bother with small job?
Anyone out there up for the challenge?

I've got a £ 200 budget in mind (includes motors etc)
TIA
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project
it involves metal / aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery
for arguments sake, lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

If that's what it is, count me out.

Would a local fabricator bother with small job?
Anyone out there up for the challenge?

I've got a £ 200 budget in mind (includes motors etc)

That's about 3 hours of a skilled persons time.

Now where's the budget for parts and materials?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:
OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project
it involves metal / aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery
for arguments sake, lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

If that's what it is, count me out.

Would a local fabricator bother with small job?
Anyone out there up for the challenge?

I've got a £ 200 budget in mind (includes motors etc)

That's about 3 hours of a skilled persons time.

Now where's the budget for parts and materials?

do it in two ?
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 5, 6:42*pm, "Vass" wrote:
OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project
it involves metal / aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery
for arguments sake, lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

Would a local fabricator bother with small job?
Anyone out there up for the challenge?

I've got a 200 budget in mind (includes motors etc)
TIA

sounds like a job for a retired mech eng or motor eng.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message
OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project
it involves metal / aluminum and electric motors running off 12v

battery
for arguments sake, lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

Would a local fabricator bother with small job?
Anyone out there up for the challenge?

I've got a £ 200 budget in mind (includes motors etc)
TIA
--
Vass

ask in uk.rec.models.engineering but I think your budget is over
optimistic

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:42:28 +0100, Vass wrote:

OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project it involves metal /
aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery for arguments sake,
lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

"windmill" in what sense? (sounds like you don't mean a wind turbine if
it's sucking power rather than generating it... decorative garden piece
or something?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:42:28 +0100, Vass wrote:

OK I need someone to help fabricate a small project it involves metal /
aluminum and electric motors running off 12v battery for arguments sake,
lets say this is a 6 foot windmill I'm making

"windmill" in what sense? (sounds like you don't mean a wind turbine if
it's sucking power rather than generating it... decorative garden piece
or something?)

it does
this....http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-e...7615835621323/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

it does this....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon-e...7615835621323/

What's the wirewool tool of doom then?

Wierd Electrics John UK diy 9 January 16th 09 01:33 PM
wierd one for the plumbers homer UK diy 45 November 11th 05 08:12 PM
wierd colors! Reck Electronics Repair 14 September 27th 05 12:28 AM
OT Wierd death Backlash Home Repair 0 May 22nd 05 01:47 PM
Some really wierd metalworking Glenn Ashmore Metalworking 6 January 26th 05 08:19 PM