Glenn Ashmore

Default Some really wierd metalworking

Maybe this will give some of you guys some ideas for things to make in your
spare time.

http://www.arthurganson.com/pages/Sculptures.html

You will need Quicktime or Real Video.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Ron DeBlock

Wow!
Leo Lichtman

This thread cost me $20 + (for a 70 min DVD) I couldn't resist.

Hey! that is the guy from the new NOVA program last night! I remember
the walking wishbone and chair machine!
Thanks for the link to the web site.

Paul, KD7HB

Sunworshipper

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:06:43 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Maybe this will give some of you guys some ideas for things to make in your
spare time.

http://www.arthurganson.com/pages/Sculptures.html

You will need Quicktime or Real Video.

Both BTW. Thanks I watched the new Nova show and wrote down his name
to look up later and after the show saw your post.

Down right hilarious stuff ! HMMM maybe I should go back to that idea
of miniature to show my product , always considered it to cost the
same just to do it full size before. Anyhow, not many shows get me to
lean forward as if to see better.

Jeff Wisnia

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Maybe this will give some of you guys some ideas for things to make in your
spare time.

http://www.arthurganson.com/pages/Sculptures.html

You will need Quicktime or Real Video.

On a larger scale...

Last year I became aquainted with an interesting guy from Iran who runs
a small auto repair shop, and also makes some rather nice large scale
welded metal sculptures. He has what some might consider a truly whacky
artist's free spirit.

He took me into his inner sanctum and showed me his "Motion Reaction
Machine" which IIRC was about 20 feet tall and would spin a human
strapped into it in about six orientations at the same time. It looked
like it was a spinoff from a carnival contraption. (Pun indended.)

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive.../MECHANIC.html
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Kris M.

I was at the MIT museum a few years ago and actually saw most of those
machines in action. It appears that they still have a display of Arthur
Ganson's work if anyone is in the Boston Area. It was one of the coolest
art exibits I've ever seen.

http://web.mit.edu/museum/exhibitions/ganson.html

-Kris