Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hayter Envoy 36 Electric air filter help

I have the above lawn mower and would like to replace the air filter. I
cannot see how to remove the old one and fit the new one without
completely dismantling the machine. Can anyone help please? Should be an
easy job as it is in the 25-30 or Every Season maintenance schedule.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have the above lawn mower and would like to replace the air filter. I
cannot see how to remove the old one and fit the new one without completely
dismantling the machine. Can anyone help please? Should be an easy job as
it is in the 25-30 or Every Season maintenance schedule.

http://www.hayter.co.uk/products/hom...lder=1059#tree

Is this it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Me Here wrote:
wrote in message
I have the above lawn mower and would like to replace the air filter. I
cannot see how to remove the old one and fit the new one without completely
dismantling the machine. Can anyone help please? Should be an easy job as
it is in the 25-30 or Every Season maintenance schedule.

http://www.hayter.co.uk/products/hom...lder=1059#tree

Is this it?

Thanks for the reply. Yes the 100A is the handbook, unfortunately it is
identical to the one I have. It tells you when to replace the filter but
not how to do it. I cannot believe that it is necessary to disassemble
the whole machine to do so!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. Yes the 100A is the handbook, unfortunately it is
identical to the one I have. It tells you when to replace the filter but
not how to do it. I cannot believe that it is necessary to disassemble the
whole machine to do so!

Well it looks like the filter (#26) is under the cover (#29).
You need to look at the cover to see how it is held on, I can't tell from
the diagram.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. Yes the 100A is the handbook, unfortunately it
is identical to the one I have. It tells you when to replace the
filter but not how to do it. I cannot believe that it is necessary to
disassemble the whole machine to do so!

Well it looks like the filter (#26) is under the cover (#29).
You need to look at the cover to see how it is held on, I can't tell
from the diagram.

I thought that might be the case,but I'm blowed if I can see how it
comes off and I don't want to damage it. I've sent an email to Hater, so
will be interesting to see how long they take to reply, and if they do!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. Yes the 100A is the handbook, unfortunately it
is identical to the one I have. It tells you when to replace the
filter but not how to do it. I cannot believe that it is necessary to
disassemble the whole machine to do so!

Well it looks like the filter (#26) is under the cover (#29).
You need to look at the cover to see how it is held on, I can't tell
from the diagram.

I thought that might be the case,but I'm blowed if I can see how it comes
off and I don't want to damage it. I've sent an email to Hater, so will be
interesting to see how long they take to reply, and if they do!

Remove the 4 main case screws (15) at the corners to remove it. Note there
are 4 that actually hold it and a few that hold other parts.
Lift cover far enough to get to the screw that holds the filter
Remove screw and slide cover forward.

Mind you it's a best guess based on what I can see from the dia,