Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default making a router table (update)

A few weeks back there was a thread regarding making a router table.
Finally finished mine and very pleased with it ........... I took all of the
tips ... made a 1" MDF top, laminated it with Formica, edged with oak.
Bought a Trend Router Insert Plate ... and set that into table.

Had been looking for a 2nd hand Router for this for some time ... my current
router not quite as powerful as would be ideal in a table ... where large
bits may be used.

I had been looking at DeWalt, Makita & Bosch. .............. then after
several weeks searching - as luck would have it was offered a Trend T11 at
1/3 of new price.

Reason for this post is that if others are looking to build a table .. the
T11 is the 'dogs spheroids' ............. not only is it a superb 2000W
machine with excellent reputation .... but has a full range fine adjuster
(in addition to stand 3 turret adjustable depth.)

The adjuster handle allows as fine adjustment as you want (0.1mm easily)
...... and the BIG plus is you can use same handle through the top of the
table when router is inverted .... i.e. the same as the expensive Router
raiser jigs (£300 plus)

So if you want to build table and want the best for it look for a 2nd hand
T11.

Making a router plate to mate Triton router to Wolfcraft Router table PinInCalgary Woodworking 5 December 22nd 09 08:29 PM
Router Table Update J T Woodworking 0 July 11th 06 09:15 PM
Update On The Router Table Mod J T Woodworking 3 June 29th 06 03:10 PM
Update on my new Rockler router table [email protected] Woodworking 7 October 25th 05 10:40 PM
Making a router table Sherfey's Woodworking 8 December 21st 03 12:44 PM