Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Draft amendment to 17th ed. wiring regs (DPC BS 7671 Amd. 1)

Draft for public comment he
http://www.theiet.org/publishing/wir.../DPC/index.cfm

"The first amendment to BS 7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical
Installations is expected to be published on 1st July 2011 and is
intended to come into effect on 1st Jan 2012. Installations designed
after 31st Dec 2011 are to comply with BS 7671:2008 incorporating
Amendment No 1, 2011"

And it's now subtitled the IET wiring regs; the IEE is no more :-(

I've not digested it myself yet, just had a skim through the 5 page
introduction. It looks as if there might be some welcome easing in 522.6:

quote
Regulation 522.6.101 now permits an exception for a cable forming part
of a SELV or PELV circuit.

Regulation 522.6.102 now permits an exception for minor works where the
designer is satisfied that there would be minimal increased risk of
damage to the circuit cable due to penetration by screws, nails and the
like.

Regulation 522.6.103 now permits an exception for minor works that do
not involve a new partition or a cable passing through a metal part of a
partition, where the designer is satisfied that there would be minimal
increased risk of damage to the circuit cable due to penetration by
screws, nails and the like. Also, an additional indent is added.
/quote

Download, digest, discuss...

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Wade wrote:

Draft for public comment he
http://www.theiet.org/publishing/wir.../DPC/index.cfm

"The DPC can be downloaded (free)"

Download, digest, discuss...

Unfortunately it requires a password to open the DPC .pdf, the password
does not seem to be given on the webpage, the accompanying instructions
..doc file or introduction .pdf file.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Andy Wade wrote:

Draft for public comment he
http://www.theiet.org/publishing/wir.../DPC/index.cfm

"The DPC can be downloaded (free)"

Download, digest, discuss...

Unfortunately it requires a password to open the DPC .pdf, the password
does not seem to be given on the webpage, the accompanying instructions
.doc file or introduction .pdf file.

I'm using an old version of Adobe reader (v7) which was OK to open it
without a password, and I can now view it for 30 days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

OG wrote:

"Andy wrote:

Unfortunately it requires a password

I'm using an old version of Adobe reader (v7) which was OK to open it
without a password, and I can now view it for 30 days.

Ahh, I'm using Evince/Poppler on Linux, so if they've DRM'ed it that
probably explains it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:34:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

It "phones home" to get access rights and report usage... so they can
kill it when they choose.

Short of taking screen grabs is there any way of getting this to print
out?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It "phones home" to get access rights and report usage... so they can
kill it when they choose.

Short of taking screen grabs is there any way of getting this to print
out?

Well, they have not disabled cut/copy this time - so you can paste it to
something else and print.

John, how many pages is it? I have completely ditched Adobe Reader and
I'm not reinstalling it for this one doc. Any chance of ripping it to a
"normal" PDF?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:

I have completely ditched Adobe Reader and
I'm not reinstalling it for this one doc. Any chance of ripping it to a
"normal" PDF?

Google ineptpdf and/or tetrachroma - I haven't tried it ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

It "phones home" to get access rights and report usage... so they can
kill it when they choose.

Short of taking screen grabs is there any way of getting this to print
out?

Well, they have not disabled cut/copy this time - so you can paste it
to something else and print.

John, how many pages is it? I have completely ditched Adobe Reader and

210 including intro notes.

I'm not reinstalling it for this one doc. Any chance of ripping it to a
"normal" PDF?

Alas no - its encrypted and so only loads in recent versions of reader,
and the print option is disabled so I can't print to PDF either. Cut n
past sort of works, but makes a bit of a pigs breakfast of it - some
block replaces make it better but you still lose all the equations and
graphics etc.

OK, thnx.