Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Inges

"Owain" wrote in message
On 15 June, 17:36, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" wrote:
I have here a flat-pack hideaway computer desk wot has got two doors on
the front of it. The doors fit flush across the front, i.e. they're not
set in. I'd like to be able to open the doors fully through 270 degrees
so
they rest against the sides when the desk is in use but the cranked
hinges
only allow about 220 degrees before the door contacts the side and
can't
go any further.

Hmmm... I have the same trouble visualising what hinges will do, and
where
the appropriate parts are fixed. Here, therefore, is some pickchers wot I
have took. You will observe that when the door is opened to full capacity
only the dog can easily pass through the gap, therefore I'd like it to
fold
right back. It's not a life-or-death thing but it would make me happy,
and
that's all that really matters, isn't it?

These go 250 degrees
http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/T...ab=fur niture

If I didn't need 270 degrees they would possibly be perfect, though I can't
for the life of me work out how they would be applied to my desk. But that
could just be me. I'd not be good at the Krypton Factor but I could build
you an engine.

Si

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
[...]

I can't see why the can't open through 270 degrees if the edge at the
bottom of the picture is aligned as a continuation of the outside edge
of the side panel. The offset should hold the door sufficiently far away
to allow the movement you require.

The top hinge wouldn't be a problem as it would fix under the top of the
desk but, as you say the doors aren't inset (and the pictures don't show
the bottom) you might need a bit of ally angle to provide the horizontal
fixing directly under the door, unless there is a variant with a more
suitable fixing - might be worth a phone call!

Have a look at the drawings on the PDF of the catalogue page. The 180
degree hinge looks as if it has an even better offset, given that, with
your cabinet, the side doesn't protrude forwards like the one in their
illustration.

--

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
[...]

The previous suggestion is the one you need for 270 degs with lay-on
doors. "Music centre" hinges or somesuch. I notice it was a link to a US
site, which figures because I've not seen them here.