Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Default Source for G5 Bi-Pin Sockets

I have a couple of these lamps:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UV-lamp-8W-G8T... tem45f3757588

I need some of the G5 Bi-Pin Sockets

Would anyone know where to get some please ?

Goggle is not being a friend to me on this one

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:27:08 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

I have a couple of these lamps:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UV-lamp-8W-G8T... tem45f3757588

I need some of the G5 Bi-Pin Sockets

Would anyone know where to get some please ?

Goggle is not being a friend to me on this one

Jim

g8t5 connector google first hit is digikey....

Probably because they dont go into a socket as such - they are gripped int
a pair of spring loaded fingers if memory serves.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

On 13/06/2010 22:27, the_constructor wrote:
I have a couple of these lamps:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UV-lamp-8W-G8T... tem45f3757588

I need some of the G5 Bi-Pin Sockets

Would anyone know where to get some please ?

Goggle is not being a friend to me on this one

Jim

Ask your local Street Lighting Dept nicely to look through their
'recycle bin'. They look the same as the 2 by 8W MCF lamps used in T8
sign lanterns used to illuminate road signs. Failing that any larger
electrical wholesaler (eg Newey & Eyre).
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

In article ,
"the_constructor" writes:
I have a couple of these lamps:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UV-lamp-8W-G8T... tem45f3757588

I need some of the G5 Bi-Pin Sockets

Would anyone know where to get some please ?

Go to http://cpc.farnell.com and enter "T5 lampholder" in the search box.
Two types listed.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Electric Sockets tvmo UK diy 8 November 25th 08 09:47 AM
Why 6 and 12 point sockets? Toller Home Repair 30 April 20th 07 01:13 PM
One above the other 13A sockets? Dave Fawthrop UK diy 20 January 11th 07 09:53 AM
ic sockets BigTom Electronics Repair 1 November 18th 04 07:36 AM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM