Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; SWMBO away!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:07:34 +0000 (UTC), dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman)
wrote:

In article ,
Bruce wrote:

When "her indoors" balks at the sight of this terrible mess, take up
the old carpet revealing the pristine new one underneath.

Or just turf it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...World-Cup.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/turfit

Darren (yes, it's the daily mail, apologies)

One of our local pubs does that whenever the golf circus rolls into
town.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SWMBO is away for a week with her sister in Cornwall.

Just ordered the take away, beer in the fridge, TV tuned to stuff like Top
Gear, Tommy Walsh, Tank Overhaul, Wheeler Dealers etc.

I've left the toilet seat up. Anything else I might have forgotten?

My SWMBO is away for a week as well, but has left 2 small children in
the house, which are apparently mine as well.

--
Regards
Camdor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

They each have six forenames. The boy's are Andrew Robert Stephen Edward
Nicholas Adam - or similar. Same pattern for the girl.

No way the kids at school are going to get past the first four initials
when making up nicknames. Poor little B*****ers.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 23:17:46 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

They each have six forenames. The boy's are Andrew Robert Stephen
Edward Nicholas Adam - or similar. Same pattern for the girl.

No way the kids at school are going to get past the first four initials
when making up nicknames. Poor little B*****ers.

My thoughts exactly.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
scribeth thus

Bob Eager wrote:

They each have six forenames. The boy's are Andrew Robert Stephen
Edward Nicholas Adam - or similar. Same pattern for the girl.

No way the kids at school are going to get past the first four initials
when making up nicknames. Poor little B*****ers.

I had a gurl fiend some years ago .. Heather Anne Guest ...

My thoughts exactly.

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get struck
too hard somewhere;?....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get struck
too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get struck
too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:42 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get
struck too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....

earthy humour now...

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2010 22:03, Owain wrote:
On 12 June, 21:50, Camdor wrote:
My SWMBO is away for a week as well, but has left 2 small children in
the house, which are apparently mine as well.

Knock ' em out with gripe water.

Not like this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...e/10264909.stm

Owain

The wee lad is showing an interest in the Angle Grinder, so might keep
them for now.

--
Regards
Camdor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 20:22:25 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Settle down to your curry, beer and telly in your underwear.

That's a really silly place to keep your beer and the TV.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 June, 19:34, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
SWMBO is away for a week with her sister in Cornwall.

Just ordered the take away, beer in the fridge, TV tuned to stuff like Top
Gear, Tommy Walsh, Tank Overhaul, Wheeler Dealers etc.

I've left the toilet seat up. *Anything else I might have forgotten?

To miss her...and if you did, to tell her so - better not left too
late )
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

My SWMBO is away for a week as well, but has left 2 small children in
the house, which are apparently mine as well.

Knock ' em out with gripe water.

Not like this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...e/10264909.stm

No, that's best left to qualified people, like doctors in Portugal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager
saying something like:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:42 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get
struck too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....

earthy humour now...

Maybe he's a bit strapped?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:53:49 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager
saying something like:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:42 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get
struck too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....

earthy humour now...

Maybe he's a bit strapped?

That has potential...
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
scribeth thus
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:53:49 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager
saying something like:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:42 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get
struck too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....

earthy humour now...

Maybe he's a bit strapped?

That has potential...

More bonding going on;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

In article , Bob Eager
scribeth thus
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:53:49 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager
saying something like:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:28:42 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 13/06/2010 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

*lig***** protection* - a w_tom conductor

Haven't noticed him around anywhere for some time now, didn't get
struck too hard somewhere;?....

Nope still kooking. In sci.electronics.repair last Wednesday, subject
title "Sur*e protectors" ...

I'd have thought he'd have gone to "ground"....

earthy humour now...

Maybe he's a bit strapped?

That has potential...

More bonding going on;!...

I suspect he drives a KA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:18:43 +0100, Phil L wrote:

I have a steering wheel in mine - it's driving me nuts

A real LOL, pretty damn' close to a ROFL ;-)

--
John Stumbles

I don't want to be part of a club that would have someone like me as a member.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm
saying something like:

He's a yank, so more likely to be a chevvy volt...

or better still:

http://www.lightningcarcompany.co.uk/

Coo. I'd stick hub motors on my Scimitar if it did any good.

Give SWMBO a hug SteveC Woodworking 10 November 5th 06 08:53 PM
SWMBO John Grossbohlin Woodworking 4 January 18th 06 03:29 PM
SWMBO PDQ Woodworking 16 February 18th 05 11:23 AM
SWMBO asks, SWMBO gets... Dave Balderstone Woodworking 7 October 24th 04 10:35 PM
SWMBO will not be amused PoP UK diy 33 October 24th 03 06:18 PM