Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Give SWMBO a hug

When we were newly weds SWMBO always encouraged me in my burgeoning
hobby of woodworking. When our first child was born, SWMBO asked me to
make a cradle. My talent was lacking and the cradle showed it, but
SWMBO loved it because I made it. Today it sits in the back of the
attic. Even though it is far from a showpiece SWMBO wouldn't hear of
getting rid of it. I honed my skills more with each piece I made and
added a kitchen table and a set of chairs. SWMBO always had another
project lined up for me and every one was an heirloom as far as she was
concerned. I moved along from wood butcher to woodworker. She'd buy
me tools for Christmas and birthdays. I tried to return the favor with
jewelry boxes and kitchen cabinets. Almost thirty years later, most of
the furniture in the house was made in my shop. Because of SWMBO's
encouragement and support, those who know me now consider me to be an
accomplished woodworker. Last week I made SWMBO's burial urn with
the tools she provided and she skill she nurtured. Give your SWMBO a
big hug today just because.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SteveC" told a wonderful but sad story

Sounds like a wonderful lady.

It is too bad she had to pass when she did.

My deepest condolences, both as a woodworker and someone who has a wonderful
wife as well.

She will get a big hug from me when she gets home tonight.

Keep these woodworking skills alive. There will be others who will
appreciate your good works.

Posted to rec.woodworking

SteveC wrote:
[...]

I am sorry for your loss, Steve. I'm going to print out your post and
hand it to some people. It's a beautiful tribute and I'm sure she's
smiling. Take care

Posted to rec.woodworking

SteveC reminded us all what is really important:

Sorry about your loss. Thanks for the post.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SteveC" wrote in message
ups.com...
When we were newly weds SWMBO always encouraged me in my burgeoning
hobby of woodworking.

My most profound sympathies, Steve ... I printed out your post and gave it
to SWMBO, along with a big hug as you suggested.

Thank you!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SteveC" wrote in message
Because of SWMBO's
encouragement and support, those who know me now consider me to be an
accomplished woodworker. Last week I made SWMBO's burial urn with
the tools she provided and she skill she nurtured. Give your SWMBO a
big hug today just because.

I will.

You have my condolences and I'm sure she is missed.

This afternoon we were on the way to buy some wood. My wife was asking me
what tools I'd want for Christmas and mentioned that she enjoyed my
woodworking, especially the things I make for her. Well, I have to go do
something. Right now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SteveC" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I'm sorry for your loss. I was very moved by your post. My lovely bride and
I will pray for you.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

SteveC wrote:
[...]

My condolences.

The description of your journey with SWMBO will be remembered.

Thank you.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm sorry for your loss. I was very moved by your post. My lovely bride and
I will pray for you.

Dave

Same here! Very sorry to hear about your loss. My wonderful wife is
also very encouraging of my attempts at woodworking, supportive with
giving me time in the shop, and generous with tool purchases/gifts. I
do feel blessed, but thanks for the reminder of just how wonderful a
thing that is! I'll keep striving to not take it for granted.
I'm glad you had 30 great years together, and sorry your time here
together had to end. Sorry also that our condolences have to come
through the cold medium of Usenet - I'd love to see your shop and sit
down and chat about your projects and what you've learned over the
years - both about woodworking and life in general.
Thanks again for your moving post,
and LOML will definitely be getting a big hug asap,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

SteveC wrote:
[...]

Steve, I'm so sorry. "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing"
said somebody smarter than me. She sounds like she was very much loved.

BobMac

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve, you got me good. Thoughts and prayers go your way.

I have been unable to read this to my wife. The tears and the
memories slam it to a stop.

Thank God for some of these new fangled inventions. I sent it to
her by email. She hasn't read it yet.
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

ups.com...