Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nightbreeder

Default 2 year old tried to Give Scooby a Drink on my 51 inch Toshiba Rear Projection !!!! PLZ Help !!

Hey, my 2 year old decided to give scooby doo a drink of milk..........

Now it seems some of it got in between the screens.

Its a 2006 Toshiba. 4 months old, warrenty of course doesnt cover it.

The TV place that came to look at it said ' oh no its all the way
through, u need new screens, that will be 600 bux....... I only paid
1150 for the thing.

Is there anyway I can clean it, ( get it out ) .... ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Probably not, but if you want, disassemble the screen assemblies and attempt
washing the materials off the affected areas, however you will probably just
cause more damage.
Screen Protector is screen nearest to you, clear cover for the other two
screens.Should be able to clean both surfaces, fingerprints can be a
problem.
The Fresnal is the back screen, nearest the mirror, between them is the
Lenticular, having lines that run up and down.The Fesnal may be cleaned f
necessary, can be a time consuming process.
The Lenticular is the most fragile because it is very thin and easily
cracked or broken. Also the ridges have normally a black substance between
them that is water soluable, meaning when you attempt washing off the
spilled liquid you will possibly also wash off the coating on the screen.
This effectively will ruin the Lenticular Screen. Good Luck.

"Nightbreeder" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey, my 2 year old decided to give scooby doo a drink of milk..........

Now it seems some of it got in between the screens.

Its a 2006 Toshiba. 4 months old, warrenty of course doesnt cover it.

The TV place that came to look at it said ' oh no its all the way
through, u need new screens, that will be 600 bux....... I only paid
1150 for the thing.

Is there anyway I can clean it, ( get it out ) .... ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

He has nothing to lose by trying -- they're ruined anyway, and you
don't want the smell of sour milk on top of it.

Milk isn't good for dogs anyway, and even worse for the TV.

Art wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
carl0s

"Mike Berger" wrote in message

Milk isn't good for dogs anyway, and even worse for the TV.

LOL

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rb

What about a claim on your home owners insurance ?
Even with a deductible it would be worth it.
Those 2 year old's can be tuff on things.

Hey, my 2 year old decided to give scooby doo a drink of milk..........

Now it seems some of it got in between the screens.

Its a 2006 Toshiba. 4 months old, warrenty of course doesnt cover it.

The TV place that came to look at it said ' oh no its all the way
through, u need new screens, that will be 600 bux....... I only paid
1150 for the thing.

Is there anyway I can clean it, ( get it out ) .... ????

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"rb" wrote in message
What about a claim on your home owners insurance ?
Even with a deductible it would be worth it.
Those 2 year old's can be tuff on things.

Yet another reason to get a vasectomy.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 31, 10:23 am, "Brian O" wrote:
what an idiotic response.
Grow up.

Where's the intellengence YOUR response, money?

You would make more sense if you typed "I SUCK FAT 12 INCH COCKS".