Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing sealed dg units.

I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to see an
advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement.
Anyone know the procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to see an
advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement.
Anyone know the procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb
water vapour?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:19:08 +0100, Lobster
wibbled:

mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to
see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the
procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb
water vapour?

Google back in this group ;-

I recall at least 2 threads in the last 2 years that went into this in
some detail...

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to
see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the
procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

The originator of this group - Matthew Marks - produced a good FAQ on
this - dunno if it's still around.

--
*Change is inevitable ... except from vending machines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to
see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the
procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb
water vapour?

Google back in this group ;-

I recall at least 2 threads in the last 2 years that went into this in
some detail...

Sounds far too technical for me to search this group. The messages just turn
up in Outlook Express here.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to
see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the
procedure involved and is it DIY-able?
Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb
water vapour?

Google back in this group ;-

I recall at least 2 threads in the last 2 years that went into this in
some detail...

Sounds far too technical for me to search this group. The messages just turn
up in Outlook Express here.

mark

You're missing a lot if you can't search the archives. Google top left
more. Groups is at the bottom of that list. Put what you're looking

for plus uk.d-i-y in the search box
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:01:44 +0100, "mark"
wibbled:

mark wrote:
I've got a couple of failed double glazing units so was interested to
see an advert claiming to save me 50% over the cost of replacement.
Somehow they repair the unit without replacement. Anyone know the
procedure involved and is it DIY-able?

Drilling holes into the gap and bunging in something that will absorb
water vapour?

Google back in this group ;-

I recall at least 2 threads in the last 2 years that went into this in
some detail...

Sounds far too technical for me to search this group. The messages just
turn up in Outlook Express here.

mark

groups.google.co.uk

the last 2 years and put something meaningful like "repairing DG" or
"repairing double glazing misted" into the main search box.

HTH

--
Tim Watts