Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable clips

What size cable clips are used for

25mm Tails and 16mm earth wire.

I cant seem to find the coorect ones.

thanks

Garry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/06/10 16:34, Garry wrote:
What size cable clips are used for

25mm Tails and 16mm earth wire.

I cant seem to find the coorect ones.

thanks

Garry

B&Q sell them (I think) - although I might have got mine from TLC.

Meter tails 11mm OD, so:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...lashBLACK.html

And 16mm2 earth is 7.1mm OD so:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...lashBLACK.html

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Garry wrote:
What size cable clips are used for

25mm Tails and 16mm earth wire.

I cant seem to find the coorect ones.

thanks

Garry

Never seen meter tails clipped in my whole life...

Usually (IME), if the meter and consumer unit are immediately adjacent,
clips for tails are not necessary. (The DNO/meter operator almost
certainly won't have used clips between the cutout and meter and they're
not yours to mess with so notionally, you shouldn't clip them either).
If meter and consumer unit are further apart (up to 2m length of tails
notional max.), then tails usually go in 50 x 50 plastic trunking.

However, what Tim says (except I would go for white, not black!).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave Osborne
writes
Garry wrote:
What size cable clips are used for
25mm Tails and 16mm earth wire.
I cant seem to find the coorect ones.
thanks
Garry

Never seen meter tails clipped in my whole life...

On the whole no, but then they are generally installed close to the
meter and probably not long enough.

But when I moved my CU around a corner I clipped the tails.

Usually (IME), if the meter and consumer unit are immediately adjacent,
clips for tails are not necessary. (The DNO/meter operator almost
certainly won't have used clips between the cutout and meter and
they're not yours to mess with so notionally, you shouldn't clip them
either). If meter and consumer unit are further apart (up to 2m length
of tails notional max.), then tails usually go in 50 x 50 plastic trunking.

Routing it through trunking sound like it would have been awakard and a
bit faffy/messy for mine.

I asked a similar question here and used 12mm plastic P clips secured
with round headed screws

Ebay was cheapest for the few I needed.

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Osborne" wrote in message
Garry wrote:
What size cable clips are used for

25mm Tails and 16mm earth wire.

I cant seem to find the coorect ones.

thanks

Garry

Never seen meter tails clipped in my whole life...

I have often clipped meter tails. TBH the last lot of tails and earth were
clumped together and held in place with SWA cleats that I had on the van. It
did not look too bad (I dressed them into place not a random grab of the
cables) and they were very secure.

Adam

Cable Clips!! BraileTrail[_2_] UK diy 23 March 8th 10 09:29 PM
Telephone cable - clips mo UK diy 9 February 14th 08 03:54 PM
Cable clips. [email protected] UK diy 10 December 20th 07 04:29 PM
Cable clips..... Vernon UK diy 21 May 17th 07 02:07 PM
Looking for small jumper-cable type alligator clips Frank Home Repair 39 October 20th 04 01:02 PM