Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Domestic Goddess Question.

This isn't really a DIY it is a domestic goddess one ( and I am not a
domestic goddess!).

I have some terry tea towels which despite all attempts with " Vanish",
bleach, soaking in deoxy stain remover etc will not clean up. My white is
grey ( or rather brownish tea stained and not looking clean) and the pattern
is yellowing. I have washed them with bio washing powers and with non bio
and on a 60 wash ( despite manufacturers stating 30 degrees will do - yeah
like who says?) . Should I try boil washing? Or should I ditch them and
start again? ( problem is I like the patterns - one has bunnies round the
boarder and the other little kittens) If I do start again - how do I stop
the next lot getting equally grey and stained and generally looking "washed
dirty".

Does anyone at all know how to get these clean and looking good so I don't
have to be embarrassed putting them on the line to dry or putting them out
in the kitchen? I have guests coming, I need them to look good.

Domestic Hot water question Steve[_34_] Home Repair 13 March 28th 09 06:32 PM
question about domestic sewers Tim Downie UK diy 26 February 5th 08 10:10 AM
Domestic Wiring Question Nodge UK diy 11 August 18th 06 12:04 PM
Domestic drainage question. sheeprug UK diy 3 October 23rd 03 01:12 PM