sheeprug

Default Domestic drainage question.

Hi Everybody.
I'm in the process of upgrading my utility room and small downstairs
toilet, which are part of a fairly recent extension. Currently the WC
sits directly on a multi-input waste menifold like this one:
The two basins concerned drain into 2 of the 40mm 'sockets'. It works
fine, but looks messy, and the manifold gets in the way of the new WC.

Are there any simple improvement to this arrangement, or is the only
alternative to install an additional connection to the drainage system
such as a back inlet gully?

SR.

BigWallop

"sheeprug" wrote in message
Hi Everybody.
I'm in the process of upgrading my utility room and small downstairs
toilet, which are part of a fairly recent extension. Currently the WC
sits directly on a multi-input waste menifold like this one:
The two basins concerned drain into 2 of the 40mm 'sockets'. It works
fine, but looks messy, and the manifold gets in the way of the new WC.

Are there any simple improvement to this arrangement, or is the only
alternative to install an additional connection to the drainage system
such as a back inlet gully?

SR.

Why not install a simple TEE Branch and a 50mm BOSS.

http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.../inst_boss.htm

sheeprug

BigWallop wrote:
"sheeprug" wrote in message

Hi Everybody.
I'm in the process of upgrading my utility room and small downstairs
toilet, which are part of a fairly recent extension. Currently the WC
sits directly on a multi-input waste menifold like this one:
The two basins concerned drain into 2 of the 40mm 'sockets'. It works
fine, but looks messy, and the manifold gets in the way of the new WC.

Are there any simple improvement to this arrangement, or is the only
alternative to install an additional connection to the drainage system
such as a back inlet gully?

SR.

Why not install a simple TEE Branch and a 50mm BOSS.

http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.../inst_boss.htm

Thanks, but I'd thought of that. The problem is there's no external
stack to connect to. The soil pipe goes straight down into the floor
and the manifold sits directly on top between the WC and soil pipe. I
guess what I'm really after is a neater manifold.

I'll probably get a different WC and neaten things up by boxing the
pipes in.

SR.

BigWallop

"sheeprug" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"sheeprug" wrote in message

[...]

So, the bowl (WC) is an "S" trap pattern ?