Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SF Clearance

Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall plugs,
cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc. Yesterday they
had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some Turbogolds @£27
and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall
plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc.
Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to
have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some Turbogolds
@£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

My local B&Q did similar about a year ago. To make room for the scatter
cushions.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall
plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc.
Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to
have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some Turbogolds
@£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

My local B&Q did similar about a year ago. To make room for the scatter
cushions.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW

Have you seen the COSHH sheet for the Magic Tree Air Freshner in that link?

"After inhalation Supply fresh air and to be sure call for a doctor"

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall
plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc.
Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to
have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some
Turbogolds @£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

My local B&Q did similar about a year ago. To make room for the
scatter cushions.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW

Have you seen the COSHH sheet for the Magic Tree Air Freshner in that
link?
"After inhalation Supply fresh air and to be sure call for a doctor"

Adam

Interesting reading indeed! )

However, what makes a person routinely think, "Hmm, I'll have a look at the
COSHH sheet for that"? )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Adam is very safety conscious :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Well it was the picture of a lorry with a yellow warning triangle that made
me look. The COSHH sheet was a link next to the lorry icon.

My thinking is that the Screwfix delivery driver can buy a Magic Air
Freshner from a garage and hang it in the cab but he cannot deliver a Magic
Air Freshner to a customer!

Having smelt a Magic Air Freshner in a taxi last night (new phone so I did
not have to walk home again) I can say that the COSHH sheet is good advice.

The full product is here

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/57395

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall
plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc.
Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to
have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some
Turbogolds @£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

My local B&Q did similar about a year ago. To make room for the
scatter cushions.

Homobase did it years ago. Went in recently (only because I was working 100
yds away) for some mortar plasticiser - they don't sell it. As I said to
the spotty yoof "my mistake, I though it was a DIY store".

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
The Medway wrote:
Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall
plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc.
Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to
have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some
Turbogolds @£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh...goods&ts=99408

My local B&Q did similar about a year ago. To make room for the
scatter cushions.

Homobase did it years ago. Went in recently (only because I was working 100
yds away) for some mortar plasticiser - they don't sell it. As I said to
the spotty yoof "my mistake, I though it was a DIY store".

Those places have a new definition for DIY

Decorate It Yourself

This is generally the limit for the practically challenged populus of today.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
The Medway wrote:
[...]

For which I am truly thankful :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/10 21:52, John Rumm wrote:

Makes you wonder how many more generations before DIY is almost unheard
off though?

It's better in the rural areas I find. Down at the allotments on
Saturday we were building some raised beds for the kids at the school
(there's a teacher very keen on getting the kids into growing stuff) -
and most people seemed to be able to wield tools.

Now all we need is a water pump to lift from the stream over the berm
(that's another thread).

Shovelling about 3 tons of soil between us got me in the mood to move
the 4 "ton" bags of sand and aggregate that's been sitting on the front
lawn - managed to barrow it round the back in 2 half days - I surprised
myself!

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
The Medway wrote:
[...]

I live in hope :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Low clearance drilling Proch Home Repair 28 March 1st 08 06:38 PM
Jet DC-650 Clearance Locutus Woodworking 11 August 25th 06 05:16 PM
ZERO-CLEARANCE TOP J T Woodworking 4 February 4th 06 05:55 AM
B&Q Cable clearance fred UK diy 5 October 10th 05 11:17 PM
Furnace Clearance [email protected] Home Ownership 2 February 27th 05 05:37 PM