Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Q for the Freeview aerial know alls

On 12/05/2010 09:04 Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

Topfield eh? Not a brand *name* I'd instantly go for but I've heard them
recommended before so it will be added to the very short list.

Don't bother with a short list.

Just get a Topfield 5800, download the MyStuff + recommended firmware
package available from links at toppy.org.uk, connect computer and Toppy
with a standard USB cable and install MyStuff + firmware.

Then sit back and enjoy the ride...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Q for the Fervid aerial know alls

In message , John
Rumm wrote

You seem to have an axe to grind...

It's just I don't wear rose tinted glasses when viewing a Topfield PVR.

I have a 5800 Topfield PVR which works well but that doesn't mean I'm
willing to recommend it to others.

I believe the Topfield (good) reputation was based on the older models
before it was found that hundreds of power supplies were failing and the
reluctance for Topfield to provide any meaningful support for the
product.

The newer 5810 is not held in such high regard even by those on the
Toppy.org forums.
--
Alan

Freeview aerial Jim Hollis UK diy 2 June 13th 06 06:55 PM
Freeview aerial tony sayer UK diy 1 June 13th 06 10:32 AM