Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

Default Freeview aerial

In article , Dave
writes
Just had my first try at setting up a digital Freeview box from an aerial. We
have a very old (20 years+) aerial in the loft so I just plugged that in the
hope it might work - and it (almost) did!. The FV box found 800+ stations (I
actually only want a few - the BBC/ITV group and History Channel (Fred is still
going strong there I see!). Problem is I cannot get the ITV group or most of the
radio stations as the signal shows up as too weak in the sig-strength bar.

I suppose it's a case of a new aerial, and if so can someone please advice me
what/where I can get a suitable one? (East Mids, Nottingham). I'd much prefer
the aerial goes in the loft rather than on the roof.

Is there a better way to adjust the aerial than the "Tony Handcock method"?
(showing my age now).

One final query... The picture (when sig strength is good enough) is fine. But
if I switch on the Video recorder, the sound is heard but no picture! Is this
probably a wiring config problem - or could that be a signal strength thing too?
Thanks.

Uk.tech.digital.tv is where you'd best ask.

Sounds like Waltham is your possible TX of choice.

Don't bother with Maplins they sell that Maxview stuff wouldn't give it
chimney room. Triax, Antiference, Blakes or even Thelves are the makes
to go for but more expensive but worth it.

All can be found from online suppliers.....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

tony sayer wrote:
Dave writes
Just had my first try at setting up a digital Freeview box from an aerial.
snip

Uk.tech.digital.tv is where you'd best ask.

Oh dear. Prepare to be censured, Mr. Sayer, or even sworn
at (but not by me, I hasten to add), for making such a
suggestion.

Freeview aerial Chris Bacon UK diy 27 June 15th 06 10:23 PM
Freeview aerial Jim Hollis UK diy 2 June 13th 06 06:55 PM
Mixing Freeview and Cable TV to domestic disbn sys? T i m UK diy 9 April 21st 06 05:35 PM
TV aerial installed David Cawkwell UK diy 2 November 22nd 03 09:55 PM