Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laying new outdoor deck on old joists

I will be laying a new deck on old hardwood joists, the joists are
pretty sound and I recon there is between 6 and 10 years left in
them.
However, I don't want to contaminate the new deck in any way from any
residual wet rot (even though I will be treating the joists) I was
thinking about plastic DPM between the boards and joists but am wary
of moisture being retained under the boards, does any one have any
cheap alternative to this that would allow a small air gap?

Tar paper over deck joists Bob F Home Repair 6 August 1st 08 02:13 AM
Ceder Deck joists [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 19th 07 12:24 AM
Laying deck boards Jay Pique Woodworking 8 April 1st 06 06:03 AM
Deck: bearers or joists Rosie UK diy 4 May 28th 04 11:26 AM
Deck Joists question? Steve Home Repair 13 June 30th 03 05:02 AM