Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uniross hybrio batteries

Hi,

I would like to buy some more rechargeable batteries, I know that
Uniross is supposed to be the biggest name in rechargeable batteries,
but I am confused because they seem to sell so many! Are they the same
battery with different wrappers or are there differences?

One range is the hybrio, which is supposed to hold its charge for
longer and not self-discharge in storage. This all sounds very good
but are they better than their "standard" NiMH batteries or just the
same thing?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:07:06 +0100, Fred wrote:

Hi,

I would like to buy some more rechargeable batteries, I know that
Uniross is supposed to be the biggest name in rechargeable batteries,
but I am confused because they seem to sell so many! Are they the same
battery with different wrappers or are there differences?

One range is the hybrio, which is supposed to hold its charge for
longer and not self-discharge in storage. This all sounds very good
but are they better than their "standard" NiMH batteries or just the
same thing?

TIA

The hybrids (also made by Sanyo - and under 7-Day Shop brand) have a lower
nominal capacity than pure NiMH cells (typically 2.1Ah v. 2.8Ah for AA
cells) but will stay charged for a year or more.
Test results show that, in a cammera, the hybrid will give more shots than
the pure type (but that was from Sanyo...).

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...5890dafea7c0dd
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PeterC" wrote in message
[...]

I am really impressed with the Sanyo eneloop batteries that I have in my
camera. It is always ready for action now - with previous batteries I found
they were almost dead when I came to use it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" writes:

"PeterC" wrote in message
The hybrids (also made by Sanyo - and under 7-Day Shop brand) have a lower
nominal capacity than pure NiMH cells (typically 2.1Ah v. 2.8Ah for AA
cells) but will stay charged for a year or more.
Test results show that, in a cammera, the hybrid will give more shots than
the pure type (but that was from Sanyo...).

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...5890dafea7c0dd
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

I am really impressed with the Sanyo eneloop batteries that I have in my
camera. It is always ready for action now - with previous batteries I found
they were almost dead when I came to use it.

Ditto. In fact I don't remember having had to recharge the
eneloop batteries I put in my camera a year ago, while the
ordinary NiMh batteries never made it to the next shot unless I
was shooting in a batch.

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes

"PeterC" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...7_3&products_i
d=107341&PHPSESSID=144f006435972485a65890dafea7c 0dd
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

I am really impressed with the Sanyo eneloop batteries that I have in my
camera. It is always ready for action now - with previous batteries I found
they were almost dead when I came to use it.

Depends on how much you use it of course. We use our camera so much that
we normally drain the batteries in a few days anyway.

So for things like the camera, I still use decent high capacity standard
NiMH cells.

But for general use I'm gradually switching over to the hybrid cells
(Hybrio, eneloop, Ansmann MaxE, I think they all have a version nowadays
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 02:40:43 +0100, chris French
wrote:

But for general use I'm gradually switching over to the hybrid cells
(Hybrio, eneloop, Ansmann MaxE, I think they all have a version nowadays

Thanks. So the consensus appears to be that the hybrio (and similar)
types are something different to NiMH; they aren't just the same
battery with a different label after all. I like the idea of them not
discharging when unused, so I think I will try and get the hybrio
rather than the "standard" NiMH. How are the two types different, or
is that a secret?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:59:24 +0100, Fred wrote:

I will try and get the hybrio rather than the "standard" NiMH. How are
the two types different, or is that a secret?

The main give away is that the hybrid NiMH rechargeable batteries do
not need an initial charge before first use, you can use them
straight out of the packet though the "manufactured" charge isn't the
full capacity of the cell after a proper charging cycle.

It's worth digging about on the 'net. I bought some 4 + 2 free packs
of AA GP "Recyko" for the less than the price most places where
charging for just 4 cells from an Amazon seller.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote in message ...
Hi,

I would like to buy some more rechargeable batteries, I know that
Uniross is supposed to be the biggest name in rechargeable batteries,
but I am confused because they seem to sell so many! Are they the same
battery with different wrappers or are there differences?

One range is the hybrio, which is supposed to hold its charge for
longer and not self-discharge in storage. This all sounds very good
but are they better than their "standard" NiMH batteries or just the
same thing?

The Uniross Hybrio are very good batteries with a good in use life, well
worth the money.

They also store very well, unlike most batteries. Charge four but only use
two and the other two will still be charged and ready to go when you need
them (several months later) and are ready to use straight out of the packet.

JCB 24v SDS Batteries The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 September 28th 08 02:39 PM
Car Batteries Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 49 February 3rd 08 04:07 AM
Uniross battery charger - seeking foreign mains adapter Lobster UK diy 0 November 5th 07 11:06 AM
Batteries Gimpy Home Repair 4 March 17th 07 03:15 AM
UniRoss battery charger The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 2 July 12th 06 11:23 PM