Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Uniross battery charger - seeking foreign mains adapter

I have a Uniross Sprint 90 AA battery charger. I use it quite a lot
overseas, using a conventional foreign-UK adapter but those things are
always a PITA, especially as they are bulky, the pins never grip very
well, and the weight of a loaded charger is often enough for them to
just fall out.

However the mains plug-in bit on this charger is readily removable,
obviously to enable Uniross to sell the same product in many markets -
you often see the same thing with wallwarts for mobile phones etc these
days - mine came with a full complement of adapters which I can swap
over in other countries. Unfortunately however the Sprint charger
doesn't provide them.

See:
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/un/uniross-sprint-90-minute-battery-charger.jpg

Anyone got any bright ideas as to where I could get hold of a US and
European version of the plug-in bit? I tried emailing Uniross - to
their credit they actually replied, but were totally unhelpful.

There has to be a better way than buying a whole new unit in the US and
just dumping the charger part!

David