Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diamond Cutting Discs

I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

http://tinyurl.com/yyasnsk

But then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there
were any good? Like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2usjfg

I didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for
occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230
angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

Many thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Distorted Vision wrote:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

http://tinyurl.com/yyasnsk

But then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there
were any good? Like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2usjfg

I didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for
occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230
angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

I found a perfectly servicable 115mm diamond cutting disk in my local
Poundwise for, as the shop name suggests, £1. At that price, I'm not
terribly worried whether it is the best make. I didn't take note of
whether they had any larger ones though.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 13, 7:51*am, Distorted Vision wrote:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

Got mine in Aldi for less than a fiver at the same time I bought their
9" angle grinder. It's cut concrete tiles, block pavers and I used it
rather than hiring a Stihl saw when I needed to cut through a cavity
wall. Still going strong.

Toolstation do one for £12.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
mike wrote:
On Apr 13, 7:51 am, Distorted Vision wrote:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

Got mine in Aldi for less than a fiver at the same time I bought their
9" angle grinder. It's cut concrete tiles, block pavers and I used it
rather than hiring a Stihl saw when I needed to cut through a cavity
wall. Still going strong.

Toolstation do one for £12.

Lidl have a set of 4 4" ones for 4 quid next week - the 19th.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Distorted Vision wrote:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

http://tinyurl.com/yyasnsk

But then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there
were any good? Like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2usjfg

I didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for
occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230
angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

Many thanks!

IME the expesive ones from B&Q are the crappest ones available, seriously -
they don't last as long as a £10 cheapo from a handymans shop.

Faithfull aren't at all bad, Rolson, which are even cheaper, are better
still for some bizzare reason and they cost about 6 - 8 quid a go.
I never buy anything else now and one rolson disk will easily cut 3 - 400
50mm paving flags

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

hello ,
maybe you can try this?
http://sadu.be/en/diamond-tools
a complete range of diamond tools at your service!

Op dinsdag 13 april 2010 08:51:23 UTC+2 schreef Distorted Vision:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

http://tinyurl.com/yyasnsk

But then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there
were any good? Like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2usjfg

I didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for
occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230
angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

Many thanks!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 13 April 2010 07:51:23 UTC+1, Distorted Vision wrote:
I need a 230mm diamond disc for cutting some paving slabs. I was
wondering which were good brands. I found a Bosch Universal one at B&Q
for £26.98:

http://tinyurl.com/yyasnsk

But then I came across Faithfull blades but I was wondering if there
were any good? Like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2usjfg

I didn't want to spend too much as its not for a big job and its for
occassional use after that. Its to be used with a Bosch GWS 22-230
angle grinder. Which is better out of these two?

Many thanks!

Diamond disks are very variable.
The cheapies are OK for most purposes but if you are cutting granite/granite aggregates (some paving stones), they won't look at them.

I think the cheapies have a lot less diamond dust in them.
And they wear out quicker.

Check if they need water cooling. Some do, some don't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 6 June 2016 15:06:20 UTC+1, harry wrote:
[...]

Oh and they are VERY dusty, you must have a face mask and goggles.
Hell of a mess to clear up afterwards if indoors.

Big angle grinders are beasts to handle with diamond disks, they can jam in the slot if the dust doesn't clear and have a savage kickback.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/06/16 16:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 07:10:29 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Monday, 6 June 2016 15:06:20 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 April 2010 07:51:23 UTC+1, Distorted Vision wrote:

snip

You really do need to check the dates of the posts you're replying to
Harry. This is at least the second one you've replied to that's
several years out of date.

Well harry *is* several years out of date. He still thinks solar panels
are 'good for society' or some such crap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/06/2016 16:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
You really do need to check the dates of the posts you're replying to
Harry. This is at least the second one you've replied to that's
several years out of date.

I suspect the post from saddo.be (or something like that) woke the
thread in his newsreader. Yet that isn't the one he replied to.

Andy

diamond cutting disks sm_jamieson UK diy 13 June 25th 09 11:17 PM
diamond discs Stephen[_2_] UK diy 10 October 23rd 08 10:42 AM
Bosch holesaws and thin metal cutting discs [email protected] UK diy 1 October 13th 06 07:10 PM
sanding discs vs flapper discs and which brand ?? Mike Fields Metalworking 7 July 10th 05 07:04 PM
Diamond cutting discs Capitol UK diy 8 January 24th 05 05:54 PM