Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default masking tape

to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels

the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff

because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do

- peel away easily

but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gill Smith wrote:
to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels

the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff

because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do

- peel away easily

but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Masking tape is for masking
Parcel tape is used for .........

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Gill Smith wrote:
to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels

the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff

because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do

- peel away easily

but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Masking tape is for masking
Parcel tape is used for .........

Bob

perhaps its because masking tape is cheaper?

checked

no its not

parcel tape it is then

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gill Smith wrote:
to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels
the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff
because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do
- peel away easily
but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

Masking tape is for masking
Parcel tape is used for .........

perhaps its because masking tape is cheaper?
checked
no its not
parcel tape it is then

ah but, OP is apparently female. The concept of "the right tool for the
job" is lost. OP probably thinks masking tape is also a good substitute for
insulation tape.

--
Regards,

"The car in front is a Toyota",
aren't you glad it's in front?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What I want to know is why my masking tape comes off the reel for a foot
or so, then tears diagonally. Then I have to pick away at the end and
try to guide it back to the full width. A few feet later and it tears
diagonally again.

I purchase the tape from all the best suppliers, Poundland, Aldi etc and
buy it on impulse when I see it so that it's "in" for later. It then
sits in the shed, boot of the car or wherever until the magic moment
arrives.

Is it the storage or the quality of the product that's the problem?
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:56:20 +0100, Bill wrote:

What I want to know is why my masking tape comes off the reel for a foot
or so, then tears diagonally. Then I have to pick away at the end and
try to guide it back to the full width. A few feet later and it tears
diagonally again.

I purchase the tape from all the best suppliers, Poundland, Aldi etc and
buy it on impulse when I see it so that it's "in" for later. It then
sits in the shed, boot of the car or wherever until the magic moment
arrives.

Is it the storage or the quality of the product that's the problem?

Bit of both IME... I find that more expensive brands do tend to perform
better - and also that the stuff can be a real pig if it's been left
sitting in storage for any length of time.

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gill Smith wrote:
to my cynical mind, if you used it to wrap parcels
the cheap stuff would be better than expensive stuff
because expensive stuff would do what it's supposed to do
- peel away easily
but cheapy stuff wouldn't, because it would adhere better to surfaces

Masking tape is for masking
Parcel tape is used for .........

perhaps its because masking tape is cheaper?
checked
no its not
parcel tape it is then

ah but, OP is apparently female. The concept of "the right tool for the
job" is lost. OP probably thinks masking tape is also a good substitute
for insulation tape.

definitely a bloke, just checked

thing is, got some free decorating vouchers

don't need any decorating

but do need to send some parcles

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gill Smith wrote:
"Him& wrote in message
TMC wrote in message ...
"Bob wrote in message
Gill Smith wrote:
[...]

Depending on the store you need to spend the vouchers at, you might be
able to get some duct tape. That is very strong, cloth reinforced and
sticky. Would be good for parcels.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 9, 10:48*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Gill Smith wrote:
"Him& *wrote in message
TMC wrote in m...
"Bob *wrote in message
Gill Smith wrote:
[...]

I'd go with cheap masking then, afaik its the adhesive that differs.
Duct tape is excellent for parcels, but very overpriced

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

definitely a bloke, just checked

So why the girlie name?

http://www.dildosmith999.plus.com/

Oh hang on, would it be a pathetic SPAM attempt?

Masking tape on new paint Dave UK diy 7 July 17th 07 06:11 PM
Masking Tape Removal? Mat Home Repair 3 September 30th 05 09:28 AM
Remove masking tape from window Peter Home Repair 9 August 18th 05 04:58 PM
Masking tape and silicone PhilÅ UK diy 14 January 20th 05 09:25 AM