Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cobi boiler or regular boiler for hard-water area?

Hello DIY-ers,

I am buying a house in a hard water area. It has no c/h system and no
boiler and I inted to install both. I gather condensing boilers are the way
to go these days, but what about the question of combi vs. regular? My
experience of a combi in my previous house was that it was constantly
furring up dure to the hard water, and I spent a fortune keeping it
running. Conversely, my parents had an old fasioned regular boiler and a
copper cylinder that never needed any repairs or maintenance. Bleeding the
rads once a year was all that was required. So, is there a good argument
for using a regular condensing boile rather than a combi? The house I'm
buying is a 3-bed semi.

Many thanks.

Al