Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Hamilton

Default cobi boiler & room stat compatability

I am about to upgrade my central heating system to a sealed system with a
combi. We are having the loft converted so the header tanks have to go. The
heating is old anyway with a single pipe system so I am going to replace the
lot. I have agreed with the loft conversion company that I will replace all
the rads and pipework and there plumber will fit the new boiler and
commission the system before fitting the shower room in the loft. I am going
to source the boiler myself (hoping to save a bit of money??)

I have kind of decided on the Baxi Combi 133 HE Plus. I have had baxi in the
past with no probs and it seems quite a lot of boiler for the money. I like
the idea of not having to wire in the room thermostat. I was going to site
it on the up stairs landing. I have no idea how they work if there are
compatibility problems was considering the HONEYWELL CM67 RF Y6667D1086
PROGRAMMABLE ROOM STAT (WIRELESS).

Should this combo work out ok

Would I need anything else to control the boiler

What does it need in way of electricity etc

What does the remote stat 'talk' too

Any comments on choice of boiler etc welcomed

We have a small two-story Victorian terrace 2 bed soon to be three, one
bathroom soon to be two.

Colin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fizzion

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:43:44 GMT, "Colin Hamilton"
wrote:

I have kind of decided on the Baxi Combi 133 HE Plus. I have had baxi in the
past with no probs and it seems quite a lot of boiler for the money. I like
the idea of not having to wire in the room thermostat. I was going to site
it on the up stairs landing. I have no idea how they work if there are
compatibility problems was considering the HONEYWELL CM67 RF Y6667D1086
PROGRAMMABLE ROOM STAT (WIRELESS).

Should this combo work out ok

Would I need anything else to control the boiler

What does it need in way of electricity etc

What does the remote stat 'talk' too

Any comments on choice of boiler etc welcomed

Do Baxi have a presales technical support line? I just installed a
Worcester Bosch boiler (Greenstar 40 CDI). Worcester Bosch technical
support has the following advantages:

- They answer the phone quickly (less than one minute).
- They don't want any information from you (like your name, address,
phone number, or CORGI registration number)
- They know what they are talking about.

If Baxi has a similar support line then try them!

Why not put the boiler in the loft - it's quite a space saver.

Mr F.

Electricians got rid of my room thermostat! [email protected] UK diy 11 December 1st 05 10:09 PM
Several things wrong with new flat - no central heating, low hot water pressure even with water pump, noisey pump kiich UK diy 69 July 13th 05 07:36 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Upgrading the Central Heating System- BOOM! Alan Dempster UK diy 3 July 21st 04 04:55 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM