Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roof slope

Whilst I am planning the walls.......

If I make the rear wall 10 blocks high this is 2.250m high (enough
headroom).
If I make the front wall 11 blocks high this is 2.425m high (just within
building/planning regs exemption).

This should give a slope of roughly 1 in 16.

Is this enough for a metal roof?

If I wanted to reduce the front height (e.g by using concrete coursing
bricks above the 10 blocks) or go up another course at the back then use
coursing bricks at the front how shallow can I go and still get reasonable
drainage?

Coursing blocks seem to be 140mm high as opposed to the 225mm of a full
block which would give a 1 in 25 slope.

Alternatively I could just use wood to raise the front of the roof enough to
get a reasonable slope.

TIA

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 27, 3:50*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
[...]

ROOF PITCH
The minimum roof pitch for profiled roof sheets is 5º, however roof
pitches of 3º are allowed for short lengths. For corrugated sheets we
recommend the roof pitch should not be less than 10º.
Check this site
www.cladco.co.uk/install.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Kipper at sea writes

Dave R

ROOF PITCH
The minimum roof pitch for profiled roof sheets is 5º, however roof
pitches of 3º are allowed for short lengths. For corrugated sheets we
recommend the roof pitch should not be less than 10º.
Check this site
www.cladco.co.uk/install.htm

There is a problem with very shallow pitches in that the water doesn't
drip cleanly from the edge but wicks back up the underside. You can
cheat by bending a small vertical *drip* in box section rolled steel but
not easy to do on corrugated stuff.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Rain Gutter Low Slope roof [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 2nd 06 02:42 AM
Roof Slope & Asphalt Shingles CWLee Home Repair 5 May 12th 05 11:08 PM
Low-Slope Roof Repair Al Home Repair 13 February 15th 05 04:46 PM
How much slope should I put in a roof? Gunner Metalworking 20 January 27th 05 03:09 AM
flat roof - slope for run off duncan UK diy 3 July 13th 03 02:55 PM