DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Roof slope (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/298862-roof-slope.html)

David WE Roberts February 27th 10 03:50 PM

Roof slope

Whilst I am planning the walls.......

If I make the rear wall 10 blocks high this is 2.250m high (enough
headroom).
If I make the front wall 11 blocks high this is 2.425m high (just within
building/planning regs exemption).

This should give a slope of roughly 1 in 16.

Is this enough for a metal roof?

If I wanted to reduce the front height (e.g by using concrete coursing
bricks above the 10 blocks) or go up another course at the back then use
coursing bricks at the front how shallow can I go and still get reasonable
drainage?

Coursing blocks seem to be 140mm high as opposed to the 225mm of a full
block which would give a 1 in 25 slope.

Alternatively I could just use wood to raise the front of the roof enough to
get a reasonable slope.

TIA

Dave R

Kipper at sea February 27th 10 06:07 PM

Roof slope

On Feb 27, 3:50*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
[...]

ROOF PITCH
The minimum roof pitch for profiled roof sheets is 5º, however roof
pitches of 3º are allowed for short lengths. For corrugated sheets we
recommend the roof pitch should not be less than 10º.
Check this site
www.cladco.co.uk/install.htm

Tim Lamb[_2_] February 27th 10 07:25 PM

Roof slope

In message
,
Kipper at sea writes

Dave R

ROOF PITCH
The minimum roof pitch for profiled roof sheets is 5º, however roof
pitches of 3º are allowed for short lengths. For corrugated sheets we
recommend the roof pitch should not be less than 10º.
Check this site
www.cladco.co.uk/install.htm

There is a problem with very shallow pitches in that the water doesn't
drip cleanly from the edge but wicks back up the underside. You can
cheat by bending a small vertical *drip* in box section rolled steel but
not easy to do on corrugated stuff.

regards

--
Tim Lamb