Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source for bandsaw blades?

The last blades I bought were from Dragon Saws in Wales. Good blades and
excellent service. Unfortunately it appears that they have now gone.
Sad, but a sign of the time I suppose.
I am looking for blades from 180" x 1.25" x 4tpi to 85" x 5/8" x 8tpi.
Several different machines.
Can anyone suggest or recommend a good supplier.
Have tried axminster, product is not good and range v limited.
Thanks,
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nick
writes
The last blades I bought were from Dragon Saws in Wales. Good blades and
excellent service. Unfortunately it appears that they have now gone.
Sad, but a sign of the time I suppose.
I am looking for blades from 180" x 1.25" x 4tpi to 85" x 5/8" x 8tpi.
Several different machines.
Can anyone suggest or recommend a good supplier.
Have tried axminster, product is not good and range v limited.

I have bought a range of sizes from http://www.bedfordsaw.co.uk/

They seem to perform OK but I am no expert.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have bought a range of sizes from http://www.bedfordsaw.co.uk/

They seem to perform OK but I am no expert.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Thanks Tim,

I will make some enquiries of them.

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
The last blades I bought were from Dragon Saws in Wales. Good blades and
excellent service. Unfortunately it appears that they have now gone.
Sad, but a sign of the time I suppose.
I am looking for blades from 180" x 1.25" x 4tpi to 85" x 5/8" x 8tpi.
Several different machines.
Can anyone suggest or recommend a good supplier.
Have tried axminster, product is not good and range v limited.
Thanks,
Nick.

Ian John, one of the guys from dragon has started up in business again
in the last few days. He has yet to get the website up and running but
can be contacted at .
I have been testing some blades for him and they are certainly up to the
old Dragon standard and more.

Hope this helps

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian John, one of the guys from dragon has started up in business again in
the last few days. He has yet to get the website up and running but can be
contacted at .
I have been testing some blades for him and they are certainly up to the
old Dragon standard and more.

Hope this helps

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I have always dealt with Ian John or Nicholas Raymond..
Have sent a message and hope to hear from them.
Many thanks for the info.

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ian John, one of the guys from dragon has started up in business again in
the last few days. He has yet to get the website up and running but can be
contacted at .
I have been testing some blades for him and they are certainly up to the
old Dragon standard and more.

Hope this helps

Bob

Many thanks Bob,

I've spoken with Ian today and have ordered some blades.
Your help is much appreciated.
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Feb, 20:38, "Nick" wrote:
The last blades I bought were from Dragon Saws in Wales. Good blades and
excellent service. Unfortunately it appears that they have now gone.

The people in Cwmbran? Damn! I was about to recommend them.

Yume, AZ source of bandsaw blades? mac davis[_2_] Woodturning 2 January 20th 08 12:37 AM
Bandsaw blades Richard Thompson Woodworking 11 January 4th 07 03:24 AM
Source for bandsaw blades Nick UK diy 4 April 3rd 06 11:03 AM
Need source of odd size bandsaw blades... tomhooper Woodworking 11 January 12th 05 12:03 PM
Bandsaw blades 80'? HotRod Woodworking 9 January 8th 05 08:40 PM