Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default Source for bandsaw blades

Looking for new wood cutting blades for a DeWalt DW3501 and a Wittenborgs
442.
Both old machines but serviceable
The DW blade is 82.5 inches. Not sure about the Wittenborgs.
Google hasn't helped a great deal other than links to Axminster.
My last purchase was from AA Smith of Shoreham. I think they
still exist.
Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:26:11 +0100, "Nick" wrote:

Looking for new wood cutting blades for a DeWalt DW3501 and a Wittenborgs
442.
Both old machines but serviceable
The DW blade is 82.5 inches. Not sure about the Wittenborgs.
Google hasn't helped a great deal other than links to Axminster.
My last purchase was from AA Smith of Shoreham. I think they
still exist.
Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Nick.

I generally buy the ones that my Felder bandsaw uses from them - they
have quite a range but I checked the catalogue and the shortest is
3585mm which is too long for you.

However, I have also enquired from

http://www.bennett-saws.co.uk/bandsaw.html

and they make them to order. Not that expensive since they are cut
and welded.

Here are some others.

http://www.richardbarry.co.uk/store/...D=9345&cID=379

http://www.scosarg.co.uk/

Scott and Sargeant have them in the length you want

£7 - £10 a pop which is pretty good.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:26:11 +0100, "Nick" wrote:

Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Yellow Pages, look for an industrial bandsaw blade supplier - they'll
weld anything up to order. Prices and range are better than off the
shelf. Read Dugniske's book for a guide as to blade usage, particularly
on choosing tooth shapes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:07:13 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:26:11 +0100, "Nick" wrote:

Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Yellow Pages, look for an industrial bandsaw blade supplier - they'll
weld anything up to order. Prices and range are better than off the
shelf. Read Dugniske's book for a guide as to blade usage, particularly
on choosing tooth shapes.

The DVD's quite good as well, although he does tend to mumble.

Mark Duginske has written several bandsaw books

Bandsaw Handbook ISBN: 0806963980

Bandsaw Bench Guide ISBN: 0806993979

The Bandsaw Book by Lonnie Bird (published by Taunton Press) is also
quite good. ISBN: 1561582891

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"Nick" wrote in message
Looking for new wood cutting blades for a DeWalt DW3501 and a Wittenborgs
442.
Both old machines but serviceable
The DW blade is 82.5 inches. Not sure about the Wittenborgs.
Google hasn't helped a great deal other than links to Axminster.
My last purchase was from AA Smith of Shoreham. I think they
still exist.
Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Nick.

This might be suitable for the DW machine:

Cic.