Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT; Address on web site?

Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

You might find the answer he

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1075385095

At least, it is a start but you might have to read quite a bit.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 8:33*pm, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? *Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding it
on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois...OIS+Submit.y=0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 8:48 pm, Rod wrote:
On 26/01/2010 20:33, The Medway Handyman wrote: Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

You might find the answer he

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&ite...

At least, it is a start but you might have to read quite a bit.

indeed - still seems apt for that lot ("business link" aka "chamber of
horrors") they were absoultely abysmally sh1te when they were pushing
their "services" at us a few years ago - laughable except we already
paid for the w@nkers thru taxes etc !!!!!

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding it
on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois...OIS+Submit.y=0

Hmm, expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone registers
it.
Maybe it will be freed soon?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Expires 5/08/2010 ****wit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding it
on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

As an aside, doesanyone know if it's possible to hide/withold your
physical address if you own a .com domain name, as a private individual?
I believe the rules are different to .co.uk?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding it
on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois...OIS+Submit.y=0

Hmm, expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone
registers it.
Maybe it will be freed soon?

Expires 5/08/2010 ****wit.

Just to show you are still stupid

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Jan-2006
Renewal date: 01-Jan-2010
Last updated: 23-May-2008

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone
know? --
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding
it on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois...OIS+Submit.y=0

Hmm, expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone
registers it.
Maybe it will be freed soon?

Expires 5/08/2010 ****wit.

Just to show you are still stupid

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Jan-2006
Renewal date: 01-Jan-2010
Last updated: 23-May-2008

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Just to show you are even more stupid than we thought, I've check my account
status online and it expires 5/08/2010.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:39:39 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just to show you are even more stupid than we thought, I've check my
account status online and it expires 5/08/2010.

Wrong. The domain registration has been updated today and it now
expires on 01/01/12

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Jan-2006
Renewal date: 01-Jan-2012
Last updated: 27-Jan-2010

Registration status:
Renewal request being processed.

Name servers:
ns0.nhgdns.com
ns1.nhgdns.com
ns2.nhgdns.com

Disclaimer
WHOIS lookup made at 09:54:54 27-Jan-2010

That is very recent change, I followed the orginal whois link and
that showed 01/01/10 expiry, decided to check via domaintools and
that showed /12 back to webwhois and that now shows the /12 date.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
[...]

To be fair, the details on webwhois.nic.uk should be correct, no matter what
your host says.
It looks like your host renewed it today (late!) after all

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Jan-2006
Renewal date: 01-Jan-2012
Last updated: 27-Jan-2010

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have no idea what the legal/contractual position is. I do know that I do
not do business with any site that doesn't display a postal address and
landline telephone number.

Lawrence

OT; IP address? Andy Champ[_2_] UK diy 5 November 24th 09 06:31 PM
OT; IP address? Ash[_4_] UK diy 6 November 23rd 09 10:49 PM
For the ip gurus How to get ip address if you only have the mac address [email protected] UK diy 19 November 24th 05 10:40 AM