Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; IP address?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Some scumbag has tried to change my E Bay account details.

I have the IP address and the ISP host numbers, how do I find who it is,
and to whom do I report them?

Erm ... eBay ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ash wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Some scumbag has tried to change my E Bay account details.

I have the IP address and the ISP host numbers, how do I find who it
is, and to whom do I report them?

Erm ... eBay ?

TBH they don't seem to give a sh*t.

BTDT - diddn't get a tee shirt.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Erm ... eBay ?

TBH they don't seem to give a sh*t.

BTDT - diddn't get a tee shirt.

Strange .. they've always been really helpful when I've needed to contact
them ... have you tried contacting them via
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account...g-account.html ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Ash wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Some scumbag has tried to change my E Bay account details.

I have the IP address and the ISP host numbers, how do I find who it
is, and to whom do I report them?

Erm ... eBay ?

TBH they don't seem to give a sh*t.

Frankly, if they didn't give a ****, no one else will either.
Don't waste your time any further.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Erm ... eBay ?

TBH they don't seem to give a sh*t.

BTDT - diddn't get a tee shirt.

Have you tried the Directgov website for help, advice and reporting Identity
Theft?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...re/DG_10035798

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway
Handyman writes
Ash wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Some scumbag has tried to change my E Bay account details.

I have the IP address and the ISP host numbers, how do I find who it
is, and to whom do I report them?

Erm ... eBay ?

TBH they don't seem to give a sh*t.

BTDT - diddn't get a tee shirt.

Their ISP is really the only one who can make their life difficult and a
well worded complaint should, depending on the ISP, give the guy a
fright at least.

Are you sure of your information on the IP address and do you have the
time of the attempt from some verifiable source?
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ash" wrote in message
. uk...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Some scumbag has tried to change my E Bay account details.

I have the IP address and the ISP host numbers, how do I find who it is,
and to whom do I report them?

Erm ... eBay ?

Presumably eBay will already know as it was they who will have
supplied the OP with the IP and ISP info. By way of checking
whether the change of details actually came from him, or not.

Robin

OT; IP address? Tim W[_2_] UK diy 44 December 5th 09 10:05 PM
Wasn't sure which address Lou Newell Woodworking 3 March 25th 07 10:07 PM
For the ip gurus How to get ip address if you only have the mac address [email protected] UK diy 19 November 24th 05 10:40 AM
For Ed P.: Website address please Abe Home Repair 4 July 26th 05 12:48 AM
HQ Still Exist ? Web Address For ? Robert11 Home Repair 1 February 13th 05 09:10 PM